Help with iOS specific leaderboards issue

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
orangeglo
Prole

Help with iOS specific leaderboards issue

Post by orangeglo »

RESOLVED :)

Apologies in advance, this is a very specific issue I need help with, and I wasn't exactly sure the best place to post it.

I'm looking for someone with iOS development experience to help me out with an issue I'm having. I have a game published on the App Store that uses this fork https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=85727 to provide Game Center integration for leaderboards. That fork uses https://github.com/nihalahmed/GameCenterManager to provide the GameCenter integration. However, the integration appears to have broken with iOS 13. I've done some debugging, and have a decent idea where the issue lies, but could use help fixing it, as I have no objective C experience. I'm willing to pay someone for their time either fixing the problem themselves, or helping me fix it via a screenshare or similar. PM me if you think you could help!
Last edited by orangeglo on Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Help with iOS specific leaderboards issue

Post by pgimeno »

Maybe you can report the issue on GitHub?
orangeglo
Prole

Post by orangeglo »

pgimeno wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:21 am Maybe you can report the issue on GitHub?
I would definitely do that if I suspected the problem was within GameCenterManager, but I'm fairly certain the code is entering a valid (from GameCenterManager's perspective) error state, that the integration in the fork I'm using hasn't accounted for. From what I can tell, Apple is handing me a "View Controller" I need to present to the user, but I'm know basically nothing about Objective C, and don't really know where to start in figuring this one out unfortunately :huh:
orangeglo
Prole

Post by orangeglo »

Thankfully, I was able to solve this one on my own! Took a bunch of googling but I figured out how to show a ViewController programmatically. Looks like Apple added a splash page that needs to be cycled through in iOS13, before the leaderboards will work.