ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.70 is released

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
paulclinger
Party member

ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.70 is released

Post by paulclinger »

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.70. As I skipped the announcement of some of the earlier releases, I'll include the updates in them in this announcement. The changes include updated LÖVE API for 0.10.2, added support for syntax highlighting and folding for 110+ languages and file formats, dynamic table expansion to Stack and Watch windows (large data structures are only retrieved when needed), improved handling of (invalid) UTF-8 values in copying, support for non-unicode codepages, integration with LuaCheck, performance improvements in commandbar and find-in-files, a fix for multiple instance launch on macOS High Sierra, updated list of plugins with descriptions, and other changes.

The packages for Windows/OSX/Linux are available from the project website (https://studio.zerobrane.com/); the changelog with a complete list of changes is linked next to the download link. Thank you for your support and feedback! Paul.
D0NM
Party member

Re: ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.70 is released

Post by D0NM »

Thank you for your great work!
Going to test the new build.
Last edited by D0NM on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our LÖVE Gamedev blog Zabuyaki (an open source retro beat 'em up game). Twitter: @Zabuyaki.
:joker: LÖVE & Lua Video Lessons in Russian / Видео уроки по LÖVE и Lua :joker:
Fuzzlix
Citizen

Post by Fuzzlix »

The new luackeck feature is very usefull. I use it a lot :)
Thank you for the great job you did.
MachineCode
Citizen

Post by MachineCode »

What is the best way to set up ZB so I can select the nightly-build of 0.11 as an alternative to stable 0.10.2? Ideally the 0.11 would appear in the project interpreter option so 0.11 can be used on a project by project basis.
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

> What is the best way to set up ZB so I can select the nightly-build of 0.11 as an alternative to stable 0.10.2? Ideally the 0.11 would appear in the project interpreter option so 0.11 can be used on a project by project basis.

@MachineCode, I think the easiest way is to probably copy interpreters/love2d.lua file into love2d011.lua and apply the following diff to it:

Code: Select all

diff --git a/interpreters/love2d.lua b/interpreters/love2d.lua
index 25bdd29..affd01b 100644
--- a/interpreters/love2d.lua
+++ b/interpreters/love2d.lua
@@ -5,11 +5,11 @@ local win = ide.osname == "Windows"
 local mac = ide.osname == "Macintosh"

return {
-  name = "LÖVE",
+  name = "LÖVE 0.11",
   description = "LÖVE game engine",
   api = {"baselib", "love2d"},
   frun = function(self,wfilename,rundebug)
-    love2d = love2d or ide.config.path.love2d -- check if the path is configured
+    love2d = love2d or ide.config.path.love2d011 -- check if the path is configured
     local projdir = self:fworkdir(wfilename)
     if not love2d then
       local sep = win and ';' or ':'
Then you can set `path.love2d011="/path/to/love0.11/love"` in the config and this should launch the executable you need when you select LOVE 0.11 interpreter. This way you can have two interpreters and switch between them as needed.
MachineCode
Citizen

Post by MachineCode »

OK thanks for that I will try it out.