Love2D Game Library (1.1 Is Here)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Le_juiceBOX
Citizen

Love2D Game Library (1.1 Is Here)

Post by Le_juiceBOX »

About:
If you have a plethora of unorganized love games scattered around your hard drive then this is for you!
This is a sort of "Steam Library" inspired project, I wanted to make a program that allowed you to keep all your love2D games in one place.
I spent a few days making this for fun, so i came here to see if anyone else will enjoy it.

Features:
Add/Delete Love2D Games - (allows you to add games to your library from your computer)
Clear Library - (clears your library)
Play Button - (launches the game currently selected from the drop-down menu)
Importing Love Files from folders - (after selecting a folder the program copies all files with the .love extension to library)

1.1 Features:
UI Overhal - (made the window pleasing to the eye (see screenshots))
Favorites - (added a favorites list)

Please comment about any bugs you have found!

Screenshots:

Download:
Version 1.0:
LoveGameLibrary.zip
Contains: Library Folder, Main exe file, .txt file
(603.23 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Version 1.1:
LoveGameLibrary(1.1).zip
Contains: Library Folder, Main exe file, .txt file
(609.85 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Last edited by Le_juiceBOX on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SteamLibrary-like Program For Love2D Games:
take me to the forum thread!
Bunnybacon
Prole

Re: Love2D Game Library

Post by Bunnybacon »

This is a really cool little project :)
endless90
Prole

Post by endless90 »

Someone wrote you could add github as a "backend". Let everyone tag their repo with a specific tag and use the github api to get all projects with this tag.
Le_juiceBOX
Citizen

Post by Le_juiceBOX »

endless90 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:59 am Someone wrote you could add github as a "backend". Let everyone tag their repo with a specific tag and use the github api to get all projects with this tag.
Ill try looking into that :awesome:
BlackDiamondPL
Prole

Re: Love2D Game Library (1.1 Is Here)

Post by BlackDiamondPL »

All cool and all but could you release x86(32 bit) version ? :o:
Le_juiceBOX
Citizen

Post by Le_juiceBOX »

This should work on any cpu however I made a x32 bit version :awesome:
Guard13007
Party member

Post by Guard13007 »

For adding a game, what formats does it accept? Just .love files? How about ZIPs with source files in them? ZIPs with .love's in them? EXEs? (remember that a love game packaged into an EXE is also openable as a ZIP file) ZIPs with EXEs in them?
Beelz
Party member

Post by Beelz »

I'm actually making something like this as well... The games can be imported as a local folder or archive, a remote archive(just a .zip or .love on a URL), github, or itch.io. Also I'm working on a piece that locates a version file or string(string has to be in main.lua) inside the archive and will be able to update accordingly. Either way it's nice to see someone else making something similar for the community. :awesome:

Code: Select all

if self:hasBeer() then self:drink()
else self:getBeer() end
GitHub -- Website
Guard13007
Party member

Post by Guard13007 »

Beelz wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:46 am [...] Also I'm working on a piece that locates a version file or string(string has to be in main.lua) inside the archive and will be able to update accordingly. [...]
For version checking, I would suggest prioritizing a manifest format first if available, and also perhaps trying to parse it from file names. (Perhaps since you were already mentioning supporting itch.io, re-use their manifest format for how your system would check for a manifest?)

(For example, I always version my files "Name_x.y.z.zip" or whatever.
Beelz
Party member

Post by Beelz »

Guard13007 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:48 pm For version checking, I would suggest prioritizing a manifest format first if available, and also perhaps trying to parse it from file names. (Perhaps since you were already mentioning supporting itch.io, re-use their manifest format for how your system would check for a manifest?)

(For example, I always version my files "Name_x.y.z.zip" or whatever.
I already thought of using a standard for using the system, but... That would exclude older games and any new games that don't adhere to the standard(and it's not like you can force it on people). That's why I figured it's best to just look for a VERSION(no extension) file, then if that isn't found it searches per line in main.lua for a "_VERSION" variable(can be in a table, such as Kikito's suggested guidelines). If a version still can't be found, then you can still force an update(whether the files actually changed or not it will still re-download). I haven't gotten to implementing Itch.io yet, but have already figured that would be an easier one thanks to you. ;) In the long run I may use manifests to keep track of which version of LOVE to use, as right now you just select which when launching........

Either way, this is a side project for me so don't expect it anytime soon... :roll: Also, sorry Le_juiceBOX for hijacking your thread.

Code: Select all

if self:hasBeer() then self:drink()
else self:getBeer() end
GitHub -- Website