Love2D Unofficial Support and Community Discord / Live Chat

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Mapyo
Prole

Love2D Unofficial Support and Community Discord / Live Chat

Post by Mapyo »

Recently I set up a new Discord channel for newbies, experts and other cool goats alike to help each other out making some of the coolest 2D games.

If you don't know what Discord is, let me quickly explain it to you. Discord is a very simple and user-friendly made for large communities voice and text chatting platform with many different useful features such as "Code Blocks". Image

I want to create a place where you can get help solving your problems extremely quickly, a place where you can spread ideas with other developers or a place where you can drop a poorly timed meme.

If this seems like something your interested in take a peek. (We don't bite... :vamp: )

https://discord.gg/KJz8eGM
Ulydev
Party member

Re: Love2D Unofficial Support and Community Discord / Live Chat

Post by Ulydev »

Good initiative. We've also started a server with the LÖVE community a year ago, in case you'd like to join. http://discord.me/gamedev
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

What's wrong with IRC? I mean besides being free and open source and not running on ads.

Also your link is invalid for some reason.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Also, fragmenting discussions is never a good idea for various reasons. I mean, i'm in the irc channel, Ulydev's linked discord and i'm also in a telegram group related to löve... that's three windows i'm juggling, and honestly, not everyone has N screens where N > 1. (And it's still hard to keep track of everything)
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
ken.athomos
Citizen

Post by ken.athomos »

If it's okay, I would like to suggest that someone consolidates ALL IRCs, Discords, and the like, as a list in one thread.
Currently looking around and the only easily obvious find is the IRC which is in the main LOVE2D website.

This way, if someone wants to join the IRC(and completely missed it at the main page), he/she can find the thread in the forums and we can just redirect them either to the main page or to the IRC itself.
If someone wants to join the Discord, then it's the same process.

I dunno, that's just me though.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

There was this pinned post but seems to be somewhat dead
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

Mapyo, link says it's invalid.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Game Dev League has a #love2d channel and seems to be extremely active (daily activity at least)
https://discordapp.com/invite/0TYNJfCU4De7YIk8
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

qubodup wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am Game Dev League has a #love2d channel and seems to be extremely active (daily activity at least)
https://discordapp.com/invite/0TYNJfCU4De7YIk8
Great! Link them to the #love IRC channel on OFTC. :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.