Having trouble building love from source

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
4aiman
Party member

Re: Having trouble building love from source

Post by 4aiman »

bartbes wrote:I'm not sure I'd consider hijacking a topic to be on-topic.
Well, I'm too "Having trouble building love from source", so the questions are not *that* off-topic :)
Anyway, thanks for the answers, bartbes! I appreciate that a lot. :3
bizziboi
Citizen

Post by bizziboi »

>>Yes, it does. And it does build with VS2013, you can find the script here: https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/src/eaf ... pveyor.yml

Strange, it does not for me. The same old zlib conflict when building freetype that I had a while ago. Only if I lower the cmake requirement to be below 3.1 does it work for me. This was with clean pulls of the depot. It does then indeed build with 2013, but as soon as I set the requirement back to cmake 3.1 it won't, neither from command-line or from within VS.

Sadly, I have no clue where to start looking. It could be a path issue or some local setting I have. If I ever get a chance I'll try it in a truly clean environment, for now I can build with the small change to the love cmake file.

(Note this is when building love, not megasource. I had to specifically change the love CMakeLists.txt)
Applebaps
Prole

Post by Applebaps »

Is the bug with building from source related to Freetype that it claims you don't have Freetype 2 even when you do? Because I recently set up an Arch Linux dual boot and tried to install from the main page link, and it errors out of ./configure saying I need Freetype 2 (which I have).

It's possible my problem is a different one, but this thread came up when I searched so I figured I'd try here first.