Level maker

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Murii
Party member

Level maker

Post by Murii »

Hey,

This is my 3rd attempt in making a pseudo editor and it looks like this time I'll manage to actually finish it or at least get at a point where it can be usable in making games.
So what I'm actually talking about? Well, I'm not a big fan of Tiled or any other program that helps me make levels so that's why I'm working on this editor where you can load your sprite sheet containing all your tiles and from there paint your map and save it into a .txt format that includes the id of your tiles which can be easily loaded into your game. It does not have a GUI because I don't have the patience of doing something like that, anyway if someone is interested it can added easily with lots of patience and free time.
Please let me know if any of you are interested in seeing this project or else I'll just keep it for myself :joker: .
Thanks for your time :) !

P.S : If everything goes smoothly I'd like to add the possibility of placing entities too.
D0NM
Party member

Re: Level maker

Post by D0NM »

it could be good for beginners
Our LÖVE Gamedev blog Zabuyaki (an open source retro beat 'em up game). Twitter: @Zabuyaki.
:joker: LÖVE & Lua Video Lessons in Russian / Видео уроки по LÖVE и Lua :joker:
skyHights
Citizen

Post by skyHights »

It'd be great to see the project!
Learning to Löve.
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

How is it different from using tiled, except that you made it? What does a non-GUI tile editor do? Why save a .txt that needs to be parsed and not a .lua that can be loaded directly?

Don't mean to insult, but from the information so far I personally doubt I would use it a lot. I would maybe be interested in a minimally invasive ingame editor framework, but I usually want direct control and build my own debugging and editing tools.

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end