Spanky Butt

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Skeiks
Citizen

Spanky Butt

Post by Skeiks »

I'm working on a game called Spanky Butt. As the name implies, you spank butts! Over the course of the game you'll spank many different people's butts, all unique with their own lines. I'm thinking I'm going to have 50~ characters, and it'll get more and more absurd and surreal as you continue.

I really wanted to make something to get me acquainted with the process of making mobile games, and this seemed like something simple enough to start with. I've been periodically checking my progress by porting to APK and I'm pretty happy with the process so far! I was hoping to be able to use vibrations as a feedback for spanking but it doesn't really work very well on my test device.
Attachments
game.love
VERSION 0.2
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 576 times
game.love
VERSION 0.1
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 421 times
Last edited by Skeiks on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ivan
Party member

Re: Spanky Butt

Post by ivan »

Not really enough substance to keep my attention for over 1-2 minutes.
Since the subject of the game is immature - you really need to bring the goods in other areas.
I mean there is SO MUCH you could have done
- actual storyline instead of one-liner comments
- Box2-donkadonk physics instead of the same animation
- unique art direction (I would have done it more stylized with physics)
- procedural butts to spank like in Fingered
- powerups and bonuses
- skills and attributes so there is actual progression
- gyroscope/accelerometer input

The game needs A LOT of work and a much more sophisticated direction.
Yes, it's fine if you want to make a game about spanking,
but IMO the gameplay must stand on its own
even if you take away the graphics and context.
As it is right now - not enough in the gameplay department to hold my attention.
Skeiks
Citizen

Post by Skeiks »

ivan wrote:Not really enough substance to keep my attention for over 1-2 minutes.
Since the subject of the game is immature - you really need to bring the goods in other areas.
I mean there is SO MUCH you could have done
I realize now that I didn't really mention that this is a pretty early demo, but you're absolutely right! There is a lot more I can do to keep people interested. I wasn't planning on anyone really playing this for more than 5 minutes max but I should add more features, vary up the gameplay etc. I doubt I'll go too procedural beyond the 3 part system I have now (butts, torsos, heads), but there's a lot of different things I can do here.

ivan wrote: - actual storyline instead of one-liner comments
- Box2-donkadonk physics instead of the same animation
- unique art direction (I would have done it more stylized with physics)
- procedural butts to spank like in Fingered
- powerups and bonuses
- skills and attributes so there is actual progression
- gyroscope/accelerometer input

The game needs A LOT of work and a much more sophisticated direction.
Yes, it's fine if you want to make a game about spanking,
but IMO the gameplay must stand on its own
even if you take away the graphics and context.
As it is right now - not enough in the gameplay department to hold my attention.
I actually have a kind of "shop" module in the game that I have hidden at the moment so progression shouldn't be so hard to implement. I'm thinking I'll add some kind of hp per person, a timer so you actually have to beat people in a certain amount of time, attributes with different kinds of paddles and stuff you can buy, bosses, etc. I have a few ideas on how to integrate gyroscope input and different kinds of inputs so it's not quite so boring. I'm not going to add physics but I am experimenting with distortion shaders to get the same kind of effect.
Tom2016
Prole

Post by Tom2016 »

Very intresting project :D I wanna play in this game :D She is online? Or still in development?
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

But... butt!

Silly silly. :) I'm sure you know of Hurt Me Plenty?

https://youtu.be/wXvIBWCa0N8

Curious to see how the next version will be.
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
modog
Prole

Post by modog »

I agree with Ivan says, but I laugh much.
:emo: lua-chan falling in love with löve-senpai :neko:
Skeiks
Citizen

Post by Skeiks »

qubodup wrote:But... butt!

Silly silly. :) I'm sure you know of Hurt Me Plenty?

https://youtu.be/wXvIBWCa0N8

Curious to see how the next version will be.
I'm glad you guys got a kick out of it haha. I actually hadn't heard of Hurt Me Plenty before this!

I'm thinking I'm going to go a time attack route and attempt to learn how to tie scores into facebook or something. The people I've showed the game to seem to enjoy the dialogue the most and the silly characters, so I'm going to try to play towards that. Maybe make different "stages" and have backdrops and themed characters. That kind of goes against the whole time attack thing though so I've got a lot of thinking to do. I'm putting a lot more time into this than I thought I would when I initially came up with a game about spanking.

I have a new demo now, tried to kick up the game feel a notch using a shader and some screen shake.

Attachments
game.love
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 323 times
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

Incredible
scissors61
Citizen

Post by scissors61 »

Funny! Can I request a George Constanza cameo from the episode the massage?, the one where he gets confuse because it moved when a man was giving him a massage.
Skeiks
Citizen

Post by Skeiks »

scissors61 wrote:Funny! Can I request a George Constanza cameo from the episode the massage?, the one where he gets confuse because it moved when a man was giving him a massage.
That's a real fun idea! I'm going to add that, I'm always up for any suggestions. Right now I'm working with the Love Android package to get Facebook integration so people can compare scores.