Fuse iOS love

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
wagonman
Prole

Fuse iOS love

Post by wagonman »

I see on the main page 'See the Game Distribution page for creating Fused LÖVE games on iOS and distributing them.' The game distribution page just has a todo. I have a build script that creates a mac and windows version. I have followed the original description so I created the Love application on my iPhone and I can transfer my love game into the loader. But I still don't know how I would make a standalone iOS app that would automatically load my love game.

Thanks for any help!
korekara88730
Prole

Re: Fuse iOS love

Post by korekara88730 »

1.Get love2d source code.There's platform/xcode/love.xcodeproj
2.Open love.xcodeproj with Xcode and build and run it.Notice that target should be select as love-ios(not love-macosx)
3.After above steps you'll see an app on your iPhone, but only no game demo on it.
4.Modify Build Phases of target 'love-ios' . Add your '.love' file into Copy Bundle Resources.
5.Build and run the project again, then you'll see your own game on iPhone.

Hope you success and enjoy yourself :awesome:
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Thanks for this info! The funny thing is that the official iOS source zip contains a readme that - in regards to fusing - only refers to https://love2d.org/wiki/Game_Distribution which on the other hand refers to viewtopic.php?f=12&t=76985 which on the other hand states that it is deprecated. :)

I'll update the wiki page once I could reproduce your instructions.

UPDATE 2016-04-10:
I was able to compile an iOS app by following the instructions and I made a video tutorial. Many thanks again!

https://youtu.be/MsYanwcU42E
Last edited by qubodup on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

For some reason part of these instructions seem to be on the [wiki]Getting Started[/wiki] page instead.