RustPunk [LD31]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
IndieLöver
Prole

RustPunk [LD31]

Post by IndieLöver »

Hi,

I made a game for Ludum Dare Jam with 2 of my friends. Grab it here http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-3 ... &uid=38975
However, even though I have packed a game from .love into .exe previously, this time I did not succeed. I tried for more than hour. Could someone please help me with this? Just download the file, make it into .exe and send it to me at joonas (dot) suikki (at) hotmail (dot) fi, much appreciated ;)

But meanwhile, since everyone around here has the löve installed, give it a go. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, even though many features never made it to the deadline. But we surely will continue the develöpement :)

Last edited by IndieLöver on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
IndieLöver
Prole

Re: RustPunk [LD31]

Post by IndieLöver »

Nevermind, I'm just an idiot. The .ddl's go with the .exe.
So no need for help anymore.
nucleartide
Prole

Re: RustPunk [LD31]

Post by nucleartide »

Awesome game. :O The text UI really confused me at first since I thought I was typing into a chat box, but it made sense after reading the instructions and messing around a bit.

The game is really hard, it definitely rewards those people who are already very fast typers. I feel like my shots would be a lot better if there were some sort of visualization of the firing angles. Some visual feedback upon hitting an enemy would also be a huge help in gauging your current strategy.

But overall, the feel is excellent. It's like being one of those people typing away at terminals in Pillar of Autumn's bridge (if you've ever played Halo). :D