this blog post looks weird

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
BozoDel
Party member

this blog post looks weird

Post by BozoDel »

http://blogs.love2d.org/content/beginners-guide-shaders

All code examples are shown in a single line. Tested in Firefox and Chrome, only happens with that post.
undef
Party member

Re: this blog post looks weird

Post by undef »

Looks alright in my browser...
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Happens for me too, odd.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

When the heck did that Blog post get put back? I literally tried finding it the other day when I was trying to write a shader and it had literally disappeared from the Blog and my history. The only one I could find was the other post about using noise in a shader which didn't help. I was so frustrated that I couldn't read that post.

Why is it back now? Where did it go? CÖNSPIRACY!

Also, I get that too. I don't remember it looking like that before the post disappeared.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

My guess: The code box works with one type of line-end, and it was written with anoter (e.g. CRLF and LF), but i might be wrong.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
eeyore
Prole

Post by eeyore »

I've looked at it in Chrome on both Linux and Windows and I see the code as one line, FWIW.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

Howdy folks, sorry about that.

Mollum wasn't doing it's job, and let through a bunch of bots. While I was cleaning up, I accidentally bombed poor OmarShehata's account and all of his posts.

He notified me, and I went through the back ups, and extracted the article from the database! But unfortunately, to my dismay, I missed some formatting. Totally my fault. Hopefully it's fixed now.

If anyone sees any other issues or any missing articles, please tell me!

TL;DR; *POOF* IT'S FIXED; IT'S BARTBES' FAULT (OR MAYBE SLIME'S). PLEASE REPORT ANY OTHER ISSUES.
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
Zilarrezko
Party member

Post by Zilarrezko »

Okay, so I want to know if I'm the only one. But when I was making some tiles thing. And I made a tile blue and a tile red. And put them next to eachother. Then displayed text over it, The text went was offcenter. I thought nothing of it because I thought it was probably my gtx 570. Now I got my R9 270x and it would appear (Just noticed in that shader post) that it's still there. Maybes it's a Löve thing? But in the gif where the left half of the screen is blue and right is red and the square is moving from right to left, I'm noticing the red pixels being one pixel lower than the blue... AM I THE ONLY ONE?
BozoDel
Party member

Post by BozoDel »

Hm, to me it seems like the blue is a bit lower than the red. I had noticed that earlier, but assumed it was an optical illusion.