Crystal Crash: Now on Google Play!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ensayia
Party member

Crystal Crash: Now on Google Play!

Post by Ensayia »

Now Available on Android and Google Play!

http://pixelpotential.itch.io/crystalcrash
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ystalcrash

itch.io page for Win/Mac/Linux/Android builds!

A falling gem style puzzle game! Crystal Crash features original artwork and sound by myself and retrotails. Drop the crystals and line up three or more of the same color in any direction to burst them. Retrotails is the lead programmer, assistant artist, and pixel shader writer. I am the assistant programmer, debugger, and lead artist.

Controls are arrow keys, space/enter, escape, and F11 for fullscreen.

Features:
  • Two games modes, Original (get the high score) and Flash (clear the blinking gem to advance levels)
  • Three levels of difficulty, try Easy (4), Normal (5), and Hard (6) different crystal colors to match.
  • Choose from 7 original backgrounds ranging from static images to trippy shaders.
  • Four original music tracks, created by retrotails.
  • Three original crystal skins to choose from.
  • Dynamically resizable window, graphics scale accordingly.
  • Watch for the mysterious and rare Prism Crystal!
Retrotails and I have spent the last two or three months putting this together. It's gone through many iterations of features and total rewrites, and a tremendous amount of code I would not have been able to do without him. We've polished it to a mirror finish but there's always a chance there could be a bug or two floating around so any and all feedback is appreciated.

Sometime in the very near future we plan to release this on the android as well. All of the code is tested and functuional on smartphones and tablets alike with the current version of love-android but there are a few small issues before we upload it to Google Play. The game will always be available free as well as ad-free in some form or another from here until forever.

Screenshots and LOVE file below.

Have a blast!

Update v1.1.0

Advancing levels is much easier now. Game speed and level increase at every 10,000 points. Points accrue faster in higher difficulty.
No score-based leveling in Flash mode, instead a level and increase speed for every four Flash levels cleared.
The Flash gem in Flash mode now stands out better.
Due to issues with old configuration files, when the game crashes it resets the internal configuration. This unfortunately will wipe high scores but will only happen ONE time.

Update v1.0.5
Combo bursts now add bonus points as intended.
Music and SFX enabled by default on Android.

Update v1.0.3
Added window icon.

Update v1.0.1
I fixed the game board transparency (you can see the pretty shaders through it now, and the enter key now functions the same as the space.

EDIT: The sourceforge repo for those interested: https://sourceforge.net/p/columns-love/ ... ster/tree/
Attachments
Crystal Crash v1.1.0.love
(7.55 MiB) Downloaded 336 times
Main Menu
Main Menu
ss-tab-1.png (54.08 KiB) Viewed 11187 times
Tablet touch controls. These can be changed or turned off.
Tablet touch controls. These can be changed or turned off.
ss-tab-2.png (92.26 KiB) Viewed 11187 times
Last edited by Ensayia on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 10 times in total.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: Crystal Crash

Post by TechnoCat »

This game feels and looks good. I played Flash on Normal mode and enjoyed trying to get to the flashing block. :awesome:

I can tell a lot of time was spent polishing this game and making it look and feel awesome. :cool:
verilog
Citizen

Post by verilog »

This awesome! I love puzzle games like this. I've played a bit and so far I have only a couple of remarks. I had trouble reading the letters on the "Enter your name" screen:

The "letter wheel" is a very nice touch. I also found a little bit long to reach a new level (I played on "Normal"). The backgrounds are really cool, especially the "default" one. The game is very polished and really well done! Thanks for sharing it!! :ultraglee:
dan369
Prole

Post by dan369 »

The letter wheel effect is awesome, great job on that :)! The music reminds me of a haunted house :P, can't say I can ever remember seeing diagonal gem matching in these types of games.
Great game :awesome:
edit: although i'd agree with verilog, the font was slightly hard to read.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

I fixed the game board background not being semi-transparent, so now you can see the pretty shaders! Also, the enter key now functions as space as well as F11 toggling fullscreen. I also made the background a little darker on the name entry screen so it's easier to see the name entry font.
CaptainMaelstrom
Party member

Post by CaptainMaelstrom »

You've done a good job with this! I love Columns-like games, so this is up my alley. The sounds, particle effects, and colors add up to make a pretty enjoyable experience.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

Just wanted to say that a major fix is in as of the new version, and...

Now Available on Android!

That's right! You can check out the itch.io link on the first post, soon on Google Play! We're currently awaiting approval but should see it in less than a day. or on Google Play!
Ensayia
Party member

Re: Crystal Crash: Now on Google Play!

Post by Ensayia »

Double posting, because the newest update introduces a few bug fixes and changes that modify how the scoring works. I hope everyone is enjoying :awesome:
undef
Party member

Re: Crystal Crash: Now on Google Play!

Post by undef »

Wow, that's actually a quite nice Tetris-esque game. I like the music as well!
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!