Zuli

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Diehl
Prole

Zuli

Post by Diehl »

Hello everybody!

After months of work, we finally released our first game!

"Zuli is a fun, but challenging arcade game where you take the role of a little albino bat who has to escape from the cave he lives in.

Avoid the deadly foes that fly around the cave and eat all the bugs to release Zuli's power (press Space).

Make sure that any of the enemies you encounter doesn't touch you or you'll have to start the level all over again. Have fun!"

Available languages​​: English and Portuguese.

We would love for everybody who play the Zuli, send your feedback about the game.

Do not forget to have fun while playing! ;)

.love file: https://bitbucket.org/MinusOneGames/zul ... /ZULI.love

Note: We developed this game using the Löve 0.8.0.

I take this post to thank the entire community of Löve who helped us with all the problems we faced during the development of this game. Thank you!
Last edited by Diehl on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Helvecta
Party member

Re: Zuli

Post by Helvecta »

I AM (spoiler!) SUCCEEDED FREE THEIR PEOPLE!!

Nice game, I like it; not a lot of people get to say they have made a complete game, with menus, credits, gameplay, multiple enemies and bosses. You should be proud! Congrats on your game! :awesome:
"Bump." -CMFIend420
Diehl
Prole

Post by Diehl »

Helvecta wrote:I AM (spoiler!) SUCCEEDED FREE THEIR PEOPLE!!

Nice game, I like it; not a lot of people get to say they have made a complete game, with menus, credits, gameplay, multiple enemies and bosses. You should be proud! Congrats on your game! :awesome:
Thank you!

We're glad that you enjoyed the game. ^^
SneakySnake
Citizen

Post by SneakySnake »

The graphics are cute and I like the music.

Most of the gameplay just consists of luring enemies to open spaces so you can maneuver around them, which I didn't really enjoy.

There is no point in collecting the bugs on most levels, as you can get by the enemies without them.

I found the boss battle frustrating. You can only attack him after you collect all the bugs on the level, which is time consuming.
If a random rock hits you (which can happen quite easily) you have to start all over again, including collecting the bugs.
He also often spawns at random places off-screen and you have to go find him or wait for him to reappear near you.
I lost my patience before I could finish the boss battle.
Diehl
Prole

Post by Diehl »

SneakySnake wrote:The graphics are cute and I like the music.

Most of the gameplay just consists of luring enemies to open spaces so you can maneuver around them, which I didn't really enjoy.

There is no point in collecting the bugs on most levels, as you can get by the enemies without them.

I found the boss battle frustrating. You can only attack him after you collect all the bugs on the level, which is time consuming.
If a random rock hits you (which can happen quite easily) you have to start all over again, including collecting the bugs.
He also often spawns at random places off-screen and you have to go find him or wait for him to reappear near you.
I lost my patience before I could finish the boss battle.
Too bad you did not like so much the game. But anyway, thanks for the feedback.

It is worth noting that after the first boss (Zaio), the game becomes more challenging. ;)
Mermersk
Party member

Post by Mermersk »

I want to also congratulate your for the game! It takes hard work to actually make a game "complete" as this is! I know so myself since I am also in the process of trying to complete a game (:
Diehl
Prole

Post by Diehl »

Mermersk wrote:I want to also congratulate your for the game! It takes hard work to actually make a game "complete" as this is! I know so myself since I am also in the process of trying to complete a game (:
Thank you. :)

It has been very rewarding for us to see all this support that the community has given to our Löve game. :awesome: