Luasec (HTTPS)

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
jake6a
Prole

Luasec (HTTPS)

Post by jake6a »

Hi,

I'm trying to implement HTTPS support for my Love2D game using Luasec by Brunoos https://github.com/brunoos/luasec

However, it requires platform specific (DLLs) and system files like (ssl.dll) which I am not able to build correctly. I have managed to run it in 32-bit mode using the DLL found here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1769 ... pplication

So the question is, can I bypass using the DLLs and make it platform independent? If not, where do I find the 64-bit DLLs for it?

Thanks in advance

-j
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: Luasec (HTTPS)

Post by Ranguna259 »

32-bit dlls should work on 64-bit systems
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Ranguna259 wrote:32-bit dlls should work on 64-bit systems
32 bit DLLs work with 32 bit versions of the program (LÖVE.) There are 32- and 64-bit versions of LÖVE for Windows, and while the 32-bit version works on 64-bit operating systems, the 64-bit version does not work with 32-bit DLLs or 32-bit operating systems.
jake6a
Prole

Post by jake6a »

slime wrote:
Ranguna259 wrote:32-bit dlls should work on 64-bit systems
32 bit DLLs work with 32 bit versions of the program (LÖVE.) There are 32- and 64-bit versions of LÖVE for Windows, and while the 32-bit version works on 64-bit operating systems, the 64-bit version does not work with 32-bit DLLs or 32-bit operating systems.
Yes that is exactly my problem, I need to run the SSL.dll on the x64 version of LOVE. Any ideas though?

I tried building the Luasec SRC for Windows, it builds luasec.dll but no ssl.dll and that doesn't even work either..
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

I would highly suggest developing with the 32bit version of LOVE. While 64bit has its advantages, you're unlikely to see a major performance difference unless your project is absolutely huge. As previously stated, the 32bit version is going to work with everyone's system.