Uninstall...

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
ronaldidi
Prole

Uninstall...

Post by ronaldidi »

Hi all

I am using a mac osX 10.9 installed recently.
Before this version I used a 10.6.x
In this last version I used to play to Mario (1.6), Edited by Stabyourself....and everything was fine. But since I have moved to 10.9, I can't use this game anymore. When I open the game Love 0.8. (Rubber Piggy) is appearing....but I'd rather see Mario..
SO I decided to look for this application on the mac and trash it....but no application named Love or Rubber is registered ...

Could anyone help me to solve this (bigggggg) issue please ?
Davidobot
Party member

Re: Uninstall...

Post by Davidobot »

There is a current problem with LOVE on Mavericks.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

I think that by installing LÖVE (http://love2d.org) and downloading the source version of Mari0 you could be able to run it, but I'm not sure about it (the source version of Mari0 is a zip, extract it and open the .love inside it with LÖVE)
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

There is a fixed 0.8.0 on the forum somewhere. 0.9.0 doesn't have the Mavericks problem, but Mari0 currently does not work on 0.9.0 so a fixed version of 0.8.0 was made available.

Maybe the creator can post it here.
ronaldidi
Prole

Post by ronaldidi »

thanks for your answer, but I want a very simple solution, so can anyone tell me :
- how can I find "love" on my mac ==> it does not appear in "application" and nothing if I "search love" on the whole mac
- If I trash/delete it, will mario run properly ?
shatterblast
Party member

Post by shatterblast »

Jasoco wrote:There is a fixed 0.8.0 on the forum somewhere. 0.9.0 doesn't have the Mavericks problem, but Mari0 currently does not work on 0.9.0 so a fixed version of 0.8.0 was made available.
I believe the thread that Jasoco refers to is here:

http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74372
ronaldidi wrote:- If I trash/delete it, will mario run properly ?
No. You should try to install the updated version of 0.8.0 in the thread posted above. Unfortunately, I can't help with that.
ronaldidi
Prole

Post by ronaldidi »

I tried, but nothing changes.

I don't understand why I can't uninstall Love !!!??? Mario does not need "love " to run, does it ?
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

ronaldidi wrote:- how can I find "love" on my mac ==> it does not appear in "application" and nothing if I "search love" on the whole mac
If it's not in Applications and you can't find it, then I would say it is not installed to begin with.

How did you install Mavericks? Did you get the installer program from the App Store? Or did you do a clean install? The installer of course is not supposed to delete anything, so are you sure you had LÖVE installed prior to your Mavericks installation? Or did you only have a Mari0 app possibly?

In Finder, open the 'Go' menu, then select 'Go to Folder' (or hit shift + Cmd + G). In the dialog that comes up, type '~/Library/Application Support' (without quotes). In this folder, see if you can find a 'LOVE' folder. If that is not there, then you do not have LÖVE installed.
ronaldidi
Prole

Post by ronaldidi »

yes, It's there. :joker: well done mister. Mario was installed before Mavericks, and I don't think LÖVE was in place. I did the install from the Appstore..bad Idea ?

and now ? trash ?
Attachments
screenshot love
screenshot love
Capture d’écran 2013-11-13 à 20.43.59.png (67.47 KiB) Viewed 9561 times
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

Do you have a Mari0 app in your Applications?

No, Mavericks from App Store is the way to go, was just wondering if you'd gotten a dev version or something like that, but it certainly shouldn't interfere with any already installed software.