Making LÖVE together!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.

Which gameplay elements are most important in RPG for you? (pick 3)

balance
8%
economy
6%
exploration
21%
fights
10%
NPC interaction
12%
puzzles
5%
realism
1%
story
19%
world interactions
18%

Total votes: 164

willurd
Citizen

Re: Making LÖVE together!

Post by willurd »

Now that you added my suggestions to the poll, how can I change my vote from "Other" to the one I want?
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

willurd wrote:Now that you added my suggestions to the poll, how can I change my vote from "Other" to the one I want?
I just moved votes from other to proposed options, wasn't able to remove those two votes from "Other" without resetting poll - we will just remove 2 votes from total at vote counting - when you look at results, it thinks that 2+1+1+1=7 :P

Also, now to propose new option, just post it in comment without voting for it using "Other", that is disabled by the way :)

As of help with story, glad to hear that willurd - just watch this topic next week for project page stuff - when project will officially start, we will also open new topic in "Projects" are of forum specially for it, with all important links and stuff :) But name first ;)

Actually I'm glad we got 4 name propositions and 5 votes already after few hours, even more that designers who was making up those first 4 names hadn't voted yet :)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

giniu wrote: Just place it in "Other"
Yes, but what do I put there? The name robin proposed?
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

bartbes wrote:
giniu wrote: Just place it in "Other"
Yes, but what do I put there? The name robin proposed?
before yes. Now I modified the poll as posted above. You can just pick it - it worked :) We just have to subtract 2 from Total votes count, but everything else - works.
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

Ok, so we closed the poll. Congratulations to Robin, his "A Whiff of Steam" won, with 5 out of 9 votes. Other options had at most 2, so we closed poll early. Now, give us some time to finish preparations and we roll!
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Woo! ^^
Help us help you: attach a .love.
RetroMan
Prole

Post by RetroMan »

Interesting project! From what I've read, it sounds like you've gotten a good start on the storyline and basic goals...

One thing: somewhere in this thread I believe you decided to use "trimetric" projection? Is that correct?

I just wanted to point out, there is really one singular problem with that projection, fractional numbers. You'll have to deal with rounding errors in your code to deal with the fractional part of the projection. I don't know if it will have much impact on your final design, but just as a suggestion, you might consider using either dimetric or isometric projections as they both use integer math and are not prone to rounding errors.

Cheers.
Old programmers never die, they just get disassembled...
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

RetroMan wrote:Interesting project! From what I've read, it sounds like you've gotten a good start on the storyline and basic goals...
Web page is also on the way, along with first "warm-up" prototype to say what is coming soon. Today docs hit 22 pages, not all full though. We will have focus here, authors, full project history, contribution rules and license... but all will posted in appropriate time :)
RetroMan wrote:One thing: somewhere in this thread I believe you decided to use "trimetric" projection? Is that correct?
Yes. But let's assume, that if in 1997 Black Isle made it in Fallout, we will be able to implement it now somehow :) there is lots of talented people browsing this forum, we will see soon how it will come out.
RetroMan
Prole

Post by RetroMan »

Yes. But let's assume, that if in 1997 Black Isle made it in Fallout, we will be able to implement it now somehow :) there is lots of talented people browsing this forum, we will see soon how it will come out.
Oh, I have no doubts on on that... :)

Cheers.
Old programmers never die, they just get disassembled...
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

I created new topic for this project in "Projects and Demos" forum, there is also full focus with our name already and all stuff that's left to do before publishing. Needed "official topic" url to complete documentation, that's why such move :)