A game I made (give-you-up edition)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Ace (SWE)
Prole

Re: A game I made

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Soon finished with a few games I've been working on, one of which this was supposed to be part of. One thing about me is that I would never triple the game size just to add something stupid to it, which is why I released it outside of the game.

Hope y'all don't hate me :(
Merkoth
Party member

Post by Merkoth »

There's no place for hate in ze forumz. We're talking about LÖVE here right? :D
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

Merkoth wrote:There's no place for hate in ze forumz. We're talking about LÖVE here right? :D
Hey hey hey! This ain't no hippie fest! Here we live by rigid rules, and one of them is the golden ratio of rickrolling.

Rickrolling is the fine art of building up anticipation in a video for some spectacular/rare content, such as the nipple slip of celebrity X or footage from an undercover videogame and then hitting the viewer face-first with a well-timed "Never Gonna Give You Up". This ratio, could easily be seen in the following graph:
rickroll.png
rickroll.png (5.89 KiB) Viewed 8196 times
As you can see, the anticipation level grows as the video starts and fades off as the desired content is presented. It is in the exact peak of the anticipation, where the content would have presented itself, where the rickroll must be presented so as to garner the maximum amount of effect. This is what we call a Rickroll Supreme and it has left a-many YouTubers surprised and impressed in its wake.

This game had no build-up and thus cannot be part of the canon. I humbly ask it to be removed from the internet forever.

PS: If you were planning on having a rickroll inside a game, may I suggest that you cut the quality of the song down and maybe just have the first 30 seconds? The effect will still be the same, but there is no reason to have good and long audio when the initial shock effect wears off quite quickly.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
Merkoth
Party member

Post by Merkoth »

NO, U!

And fix your blog mike.
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

You fix my blog!

(it should be ok now)
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
keyspinner
Prole

Post by keyspinner »

Seriously, some people need to grow up and realize rick rolling isn't funny anymore.
No, I didn't download it, I read the thread. As a member of the internet for a long time I have to say rick rolling is very unoriginal.
fleg

Post by fleg »

keyspinner wrote:I have to say rick rolling is very unoriginal.
Aren't all internet memes?