Love2D builder

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ivan
Party member

Re: Love2D builder

Post by ivan »

Good news, I can confirm that the .AppImage exporter for Linux works fine except for the application icons.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Excellent, thanks ivan!
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Thank you. I will need help with learning how to change the icons, especially on the Mac.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

I am releasing all of the source code so that anybody can install the builder on their own server:
https://github.com/2dengine/lovebuilder
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

The Linux build fails when an icon is supplied. The error message says the icon must be PNG or SVG format. Which is weird because it's the same PNG icon I used for Windows (can't confirm success since I'm on Linux) & Web (doesn't apply?) builds.

EDIT - The web build seems to fail? I've got a web server setup on my Linux dev system. I copied the .web folder to /var/www/html/ and navigate to localhost/wordie.web/ (or localhost/wordie.web/index.html). I just get a black screen with a red circled X. Any idea what the failure is? Any special requirements for the web version? I haven't dabbled with that as of yet, so this is *completely* untested.

PS - I haven't tried Mac build at all.
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

milon wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:41 pm The Linux build fails when an icon is supplied. The error message says the icon must be PNG or SVG format. Which is weird because it's the same PNG icon I used for Windows (can't confirm success since I'm on Linux) & Web (doesn't apply?) builds.
I am going to need help with this because it is not covered in the Love2D documentation.
What is the proper way to change the love2d icons for Mac and Linux?
milon wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:41 pm EDIT - The web build seems to fail? I've got a web server setup on my Linux dev system. I copied the .web folder to /var/www/html/ and navigate to localhost/wordie.web/ (or localhost/wordie.web/index.html). I just get a black screen with a red circled X. Any idea what the failure is? Any special requirements for the web version? I haven't dabbled with that as of yet, so this is *completely* untested.
The web version works, but you have to install it on an Apache server. If you are using Nginx you will probably get the following error:
The normal version can throw Uncaught ReferenceError: SharedArrayBuffer is not defined. Fix is discussed here. TL;DR Enable the following HTML reponse headers on the website you're hosting your project on:
https://github.com/Davidobot/love.js/
The provided .htaccess file handles this issue on Apache.
I don't have a fix for Nginx at this moment but I will try to look into it in the future.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

See the screenshots - Apache is installed and running, and wordie.web is in the expected location. When I go to localhost/wordie.web it asks for local storage permission (granted), and then it gives the black error screen with useful info. I'm running Apache2. Is that okay?

Yes, I usually have far too many browser tabs open  :P
Yes, I usually have far too many browser tabs open :P
Screenshot_2022-07-01_13-32-43.png (50.8 KiB) Viewed 14583 times
Helpful error screen  ;)
Helpful error screen ;)
Screenshot_2022-07-01_13-32-18.png (236.45 KiB) Viewed 14583 times
And I have no idea how to change icons on Linux, sorry.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Milon, as I said earlier - you need to have the provided .htaccess file present in the game directory. Please rebuild the game and make sure the provided .htaccess file exists in your game directory.

I have removed the error messages popup in the standalone version of the player on purpose. You can see the error log in your browser using "Developer Tools > Console"
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

ivan wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:41 am Milon, as I said earlier - you need to have the provided .htaccess file present in the game directory. Please rebuild the game and make sure the provided .htaccess file exists in your game directory.
Sorry, that was unclear to me. It is still unclear, actually. Where is the "provided" .htaccess file? I don't see any links to it, nor do I see one in Davidobot's repo.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Did you rebuild the game as I pointed out in the last post? The .htaccess file should be located inside the base directory of the produced file ("your_game.web.zip"). The Love builder uses the standalone version of the Love2D player which is different from Tanner/Davidobot's original repository.