LÖVE-MoonScript

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
keharriso
Citizen

LÖVE-MoonScript

Post by keharriso »

Hello, everyone!

Long time no post (I was getting my hands dirty with Unity and Godot). I'm back to the awesomest engine out there, and I have a project to share with you. :awesome:

Have you heard of MoonScript before? If so, you should be excited. If not, you really should take a look at it. Great syntax, killer class support, list comprehensions, and more. This post is to let anyone interested in using MoonScript with LÖVE know that there is a LÖVE fork with native MoonScript support.

What exactly does "native MoonScript support for LÖVE" mean? It means you can use MoonScript files seamlessly via a custom package loader that uses love.filesystem. You can even have a main.moon instead of a main.lua.

How do you get started with this? Well, you are welcome to compile the source by yourself, but I included 64-bit Windows binaries as an attachment to this post.

Start with a hello world:

Code: Select all

-- main.moon
love.draw = -> love.graphics.print "Hello, world!", 400, 300
Happy coding!
Attachments
love-moonscript-win64.zip
LÖVE 11.4 + MoonScript 0.5.0
(3.34 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
LÖVE-Nuklear - a lightweight immediate mode GUI for LÖVE games
keharriso
Citizen

Re: LÖVE-MoonScript

Post by keharriso »

In case anyone is interested, I modified the default error handler to use MoonScript line numbers when available. This is probably the last update I'll make to this project until either LÖVE or MoonScript are updated.
LÖVE-Nuklear - a lightweight immediate mode GUI for LÖVE games
Alexintosh
Prole

Post by Alexintosh »

very cool, I was looking for something like this. Will try it out soon!
egoal
Prole

Post by egoal »

cool, thanks for sharing!