LÖVE Support For Panic's Nova Editor

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
grimmpaperman
Prole

LÖVE Support For Panic's Nova Editor

Post by grimmpaperman »

Hi everyone! During Ludum Dare 49 I was using Nova to work on my game, but was hassled by constantly having to search for the function signature in the online documentation. Though not a replacement for the docs entirely, I've written a small extension to add autocomplete support for LÖVE functions to the editor.

Check out LÖVE Nova here.

If you use Nova, please let me know what you think. I've attempted to make the completion smarter than just dumping all the function signatures into static completion, but rather autocomplete the available functions by the module you're attempting to use i.e. typing `love.graphics` only shows functions from the graphics module.

I'd be happy to look at adding more features or fixing any bugs y'all might encounter. Thanks!
Albright
Prole

Re: LÖVE Support For Panic's Nova Editor

Post by Albright »

Nice! I've just given it an initial try so far but it seems to be working for me. This will definitely come in handy.

Incidentally, I wrote a Nova extension for Luacheck which I'm pretty proud of. It's useful for LÖVE as well as Lua in general: https://github.com/GarrettAlbright/Luac ... aextension

It's nice to see that I'm not the only dev on the planet not using VS Code in the current decade. :)