3dreamengine

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
AlexYeCu
Citizen

3dreamengine

Post by AlexYeCu »

https://github.com/3dreamengine/3DreamEngine

Nice library for 3d in love2d.

Does someone use it?
I've found it useful, but there is no integration with preloaders (like love-loader, for example) and it does not work with dds/pkm texture formats. That prevents ot from using in some projects.
That'll be good to watch the developer here in the topic, github is not the best place for discussion. questions feature requests now.
JuanjoSalvador
Prole

Re: 3dreamengine

Post by JuanjoSalvador »

There is another cool library to implement 3D on Love2D, called LÖVE3D.

This seems pretty well documented, that's really nice. I will give it a try, I have some 3D plans for another game and Unity is not an option for me.
itch.io profile - When I'm uploading my works and devblogs
GitHub - All my code is here!
Horchata - A set of Lua modules I wrote to make some task easier
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

JuanjoSalvador wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:52 am There is another cool library to implement 3D on Love2D, called LÖVE3D.

This seems pretty well documented, that's really nice. I will give it a try, I have some 3D plans for another game and Unity is not an option for me.
Keep in mind the fact that the library itself is archived since, as the github page of it says:
This library will be obsolete after LÖVE 0.11 is released, and will no longer be maintained (or will perhaps change just to a utility library). LÖVE 0.11 includes all the features this provided (and more!)
And löve v0.11 has indeed been released (as v11)

If anything, the demo repository could be helpful, if one replaces the love3d stuff with basic löve functionality, as well as the cpml math library and the iqm/exm loader.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
JuanjoSalvador
Prole

Post by JuanjoSalvador »

True, so that makes even the current library better choice.
itch.io profile - When I'm uploading my works and devblogs
GitHub - All my code is here!
Horchata - A set of Lua modules I wrote to make some task easier