Simple Button Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Baggef
Prole

Simple Button Library

Post by Baggef » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:36 am

I have created a button library for those who want a quick solution to a button and not an entire GUI overhaul. A typical button can be created like so:

Code: Select all

function love.load()
   --                         Label, x, y, width, height
   button = ButtonManager.new("Hello World!", 100, 100, 100,50)
end
You can read more and download the files on my github:
https://github.com/Baggef/Simple-Button
Last edited by Baggef on Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:50 am, edited 6 times in total.

bobbyjones
Party member

Re: Simple Button Library

Post by bobbyjones » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:29 pm

It seems like a nice simple library. The only critique I have is that your library loads itself into the global scope. I am pretty certain that the standard in the Lua community is to have it use a local and return that local variable.
Do you frequently have great ideas but immediately lose them? Check out the MVP for my website called IdeaVault. It is designed to solve that problem. Desktop browsers only currently.

Baggef
Prole

Re: Simple Button Library

Post by Baggef » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:49 am

bobbyjones wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:29 pm
The only critique I have is that your library loads itself into the global scope.
Hey! Thanks for the feedback, its my first time posting something I've made using love and i really appreciate it.

I have made the library load into the local scope. Although i have had some trouble updating the files on love2d's forums, as you can see by the 50 edits I made in the span of 10 minutes. :? So it's only on github now.
gaeem defelpmint is maiy pashin
Itch: Freakman
Twitter: baggefArt