boon - A build tool for LÖVE

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Ikroth
Citizen

Re: boon - A build tool for LÖVE

Post by Ikroth »

JuanjoSalvador wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:08 pm I'm using a Makefile for make my builds (also TravisCI to test and build), so I don't get the point of a build tool. Anyway, it seems pretty nice, I'm going to install and start to use it :)
I've tried to design so that it can be used in Makefiles or other build scripts, it's not a replacement for those. It's a cross platform way of packaging your game. For example, you can use it in a CI script and build your game automatically whenever you push up code. In fact, I test the code by building a game on macOS, Linux, and Windows through CI.
JuanjoSalvador
Prole

Post by JuanjoSalvador »

Oh, that's really interesting... Currently I'm only able to build for Windows and Linux, because these are my operative systems, so I was looking for a way to build for macOS (an .app file?)... I'm adding it to my CI script, thanks again!
itch.io profile - When I'm uploading my works and devblogs
GitHub - All my code is here!
Horchata - A set of Lua modules I wrote to make some task easier
Ikroth
Citizen

Post by Ikroth »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I released version 0.3.0 of boon two weeks ago. There are minimal changes from the last version, other than updating the default download links.

https://github.com/camchenry/boon/releases/tag/0.3.0

Changelog:

[0.3.0] - 2021-08-13
Added
  • boon love learned how to explicitly list versions through the subcommand list: boon love list.
Fixed
  • boon download now uses GitHub for binary downloads instead of Bitbucket, fixing any dead links resulting from the transition away from Bitbucket.
pauljessup
Party member

Post by pauljessup »

I must say, this is probably the best command line built tool for Love
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Any progress on building Linux packages? And what type would they be - flatpak, AppImage, other?
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
Ikroth
Citizen

Post by Ikroth »

Hey all, I don't write any Lua/LÖVE these days but I got around to publishing a new release of this tool: version 0.4.0. It includes proper support for 11.5 and 11.4 and some small bug fixes and improvements. Enjoy.

https://github.com/camchenry/boon/releases/tag/0.4.0
Azzla
Prole

Post by Azzla »

Just tried this last night to build a mac version of one of my game jam games (my sister only has a macbook) and it was a piece of cake. Great stuff, thanks. :awesome:
libraries: Stalkpile
electronic music stuff: https://soundcloud.com/azzlamusic