Gspöt - retained GUI lib

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
DeltaF1
Citizen

Re: Gspöt - retained GUI lib

Post by DeltaF1 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:29 pm

I may do that, thanks for the idea :) So far it's my favourite LOVE UI library. I'll fork it if I make any significant changes.

bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:44 am

It probably would be beneficial to the Löve community to just fork it if you made any changes at all. That way if we want to make a PR you can accept it and it will live on until you abandon it. Then rinse and repeat \o/ (probably not very clear what I wrote)
Do you frequently have great ideas but immediately lose them? Check out the MVP for my website called IdeaVault. It is designed to solve that problem. Desktop browsers only currently.

pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:53 pm

I've got UTF-8 and imagemode working locally and could submit patches. If you're not interested in maintaining it, I am.

DeltaF1
Citizen

Post by DeltaF1 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:28 pm

pgimeno wrote:I've got UTF-8 and imagemode working locally and could submit patches. If you're not interested in maintaining it, I am.
Sure, do you want to fork it, or should I? How about you make a fork and give me collaborator? If you make a fork off of SiENcE's fork, it has a couple of useful patches.

My github username is DeltaF1.

pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:18 am

Done. I've submitted my commits too, but I suspect they overlap with your changes. My changes keep LÖVE 0.9.1 compatibility so that Debian Stable users can also benefit from the library (and possibly 0.9.0, but I didn't try).

I've based it on the original repo, and merged in SiENcE's changes. Unfortunately he did not include a copyright notice (nor the original author either), so I'm hereby inviting him to do so in a PR.

bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:01 am

Did you post a link to your github?
Do you frequently have great ideas but immediately lose them? Check out the MVP for my website called IdeaVault. It is designed to solve that problem. Desktop browsers only currently.

pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:01 am

bobbyjones wrote:Did you post a link to your github?
I think I forgot :oops: Sorry.

https://github.com/pgimeno/Gspot

SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:57 am

Sorry i missed this conversation!

Gspot is still my favorite gui system, because it's flexible and easy to enhance. I added a lot of functionality, like richtext support, but currently i'm busy to publish it now. I will do it over christmas time.

DeltaF1
Citizen

Post by DeltaF1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Will you be putting your changes on your fork, or do you want to join the fork that pgimeno started?

bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Probably would be best to have them all on one fork. Maybe we should make a github organization for abandoned libs and games that found new maintainers.