Fast Mesh Vertex Setting

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
grump
Party member

Re: Fast Mesh Vertex Setting

Post by grump »

Alright I'm not gonna dispute you on this ;)

Instead of assigning different textures to different meshes you assign the same texture to all meshes, then select a layer via texture coordinates.

Change your texture coordinates from 2D to 3D. The z dimension selects a layer from the array: (0, 0, 0) is at the corner of the first layer, (0, 0, 1) is at the corner of the second layer, etc. This will get you bleed-free, mipmapped texturing without any state switches.

But it doesn't really matter if you don't change your data because you're still gonna have 1,000 tiny meshes and 1,000 draw calls.

@slime can you split this thread? This discussion doesn't really belong here.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

grump wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:24 am
@slime can you split this thread? This discussion doesn't really belong here.
Does @ , like in other forums, notify the person you're talking about. I thought only quotes work (I can't tell since when everyone does me they do @gunroar :brows: My fault).
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:16 am Does @ , like in other forums, notify the person you're talking about
Nope, but I would expect that the only active moderator still reads every post, even though xe chooses to ignore requests like this.