Page 1 of 18

Building a Free Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:36 pm
by Eric Matyas
Hi everyone,

I've been building a library of images that you are welcome to freely use in your projects. They are all original...all my own work. I think a lot of them could be made into cool textures for games. All I ask is to be attributed as indicated on my homepage:

http://soundimage.org/

The images are on my "TXR" pages.

I'm adding new ones all the time, so be sure to check back often. I sincerely hope that some of them are useful. Any and all constructive feedback is welcome and always appreciated. :-)

All the best,

Eric

Re: Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:00 pm
by skyHights
Can I recommend that instead of having all of the options in a list with prefixes having options which are just the kinds of options (music, sound effects etc.) that link to a list of options that had the prefix.

Re: Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:16 am
by Ikroth
Thanks for all the great work Eric. Any chance of getting normal maps for some of these?

Re: Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:04 pm
by peterrust
Thanks for sharing Eric! Have you seen http://opengameart.org/? That may be a good place to post these (it looks like the license you want is the "CC-BY" attribution license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/#licenses)

Re: Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:04 am
by Fuzzlix
Hi Eric.

Thank You very much for sharing this. Your seamless tiles are really great.

Re: Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 pm
by Eric Matyas
skyHights wrote:Can I recommend that instead of having all of the options in a list with prefixes having options which are just the kinds of options (music, sound effects etc.) that link to a list of options that had the prefix.
Yeah, I'm going to eventually overhaul the site to make it easier to navigate...it's a Wordpress site (because I had no idea how to build a site...lol.) Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Re: Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:56 pm
by Eric Matyas
Ikroth wrote:Thanks for all the great work Eric. Any chance of getting normal maps for some of these?
Feel free to generate any maps that you want from the images...or if you have some that you'd like me to do special for you, feel free to email me and I'll see what I can do. My email address is at the bottom of my homepage. :-)

Re: Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:56 pm
by Eric Matyas
peterrust wrote:Thanks for sharing Eric! Have you seen http://opengameart.org/? That may be a good place to post these (it looks like the license you want is the "CC-BY" attribution license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/#licenses)
Yep, I'm on that site...have been for a while (for my music.) Thanks! :-)

Re: Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:57 pm
by Eric Matyas
Fuzzlix wrote:Hi Eric.

Thank You very much for sharing this. Your seamless tiles are really great.
Cool...I'm glad they are helpful! :-)

Re: Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:57 pm
by Eric Matyas
Eric Matyas wrote:
Fuzzlix wrote:Hi Eric.

Thank You very much for sharing this. Your seamless tiles are really great.
Cool...I'm glad they are helpful! Feel free to combine them with procedurals or other textures as needed. :-)