[tool] LoveToAndroid - .love to .apk without thinking

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Andlac028
Party member

Re: [tool] LoveToAndroid - .love to .apk without thinking

Post by Andlac028 »

I saw some games made in Love ported to apk (like Oh my giraffe, if I remember correctly), but the fact is, that if you want to submit your game to google play store, you must submit aab package (or something like that), not only apk
Last edited by Andlac028 on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

zingo wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:54 am This much is true, but figured it was worth a shot. May just stick to exporting to linux appimage, windows executable, or web, as those platforms seem more readily supported and/or common...actually, come to think of it, I haven't run across any Love2d games in .apk format...yet (or I just haven't been looking in the right place). At any rate, it may be a while before I have a finished project. Thank you for taking the time to respond anyhow, and I hope OP is doing well, wherever they may be...
Yep
I never done porting to android, but probably the only good way to port is https://love2d.org/wiki/Game_Distribution#Android
Maybe someone come up with good solution to simplify building to android, like viewtopic.php?f=5&t=93310. Right now there is no android support, but maybe ivan will success in future with android, who knows
Andlac028
Party member

Post by Andlac028 »

Maybe you can try something like love-fuser (but it is for github actions)
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Andlac028 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:18 pm ...but the fact is, that if you want to submit your game to google play store, you must submit aab package (or something like that), not only apk
On top of that, I believe you also have to hand over your dev signing key to Google, meaning they would technically have the ability to alter code before it gets published to the Play Store. Personally, I'd be happy with the ability to create apk's, and I'd put them on F-Droid, itch, etc. (Not like I'm going to make anything in the near future, lol!)
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.