[Library] Thranduil

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
adnzzzzZ
Party member

Re: [Library] Thranduil

Post by adnzzzzZ »

parallax7d wrote:This library is magnificent, thanks for the thought and effort you put into it. I'm leaning towards using it in my project. What are your expectations as to future support and development on this lib? The docs are very nice, but would you consider making a comprehensive interactive demo?
I took the past few days off to work on a project that makes extensive use of this library, and while I'm doing that I'm adding/changing/fixing a lot of stuff. I should update it again soon enough with some new features and some general quality of life improvements. I'll also fix up the current demos (the chatbox one is a bit buggy), add 1 or 2 extra demos and make a more comprehensive one as well.
parallax7d
Citizen

Post by parallax7d »

cool, I look forward to the updates!
adnzzzzZ
Party member

Post by adnzzzzZ »

Updated this with the following things:

Container (Frame, Scrollarea):
  • Added auto alignment options via auto_align, auto_spacing and auto_margin
  • Added element removal and retrieval functions via removeElement(id) and getElement(id)
  • Added element focus functions via focusElement(n) and forceUnselect()
  • Added directional selection of elements via arrow keys (rebindable)
  • Added disable_directional_selection attribute to disable directional selection of elements
  • Added disable_tab_selection attribute to disable TAB based selection of elements
  • Added the option to not update nor draw children via dont_update_draw
Closeable (Frame):
  • Updated button's close_margin attribute to now be divided to close_margin_top and close_margin_right
Draggable (Button, Checkbox, Frame, Slider):
  • Added dragging start and end signals via drag_start and drag_end
Resizable (Button, Checkbox, Frame, Slider):
  • Added resizing corner (can resize the object by dragging a square on one of its corners) via resize_corner, resize_corner_width and resize_corner_height
  • Added resizing start and end signals via resize_start and resize_end
  • Updated the resize_margin attribute to now be divided to resize_margin_left, resize_margin_right, resize_margin_top and resize_margin_bottom
Scrollarea:
  • Added dynamic_scroll_set attribute, which makes it so that a scrollarea's horizontal_scrolling or vertical_scrolling settings are set automatically based on the size of the object compared to its visible scroll area (area_width, area_height)
  • Fixed scrollDown, scrollLeft, scrollUp and scrollRight functions not working properly when the scroll value passed in was bigger than the possible amount that can be scrolled
Slider:
  • Added the option for vertical sliders via the vertical attribute
  • Added sliding start and end signals via slide_start and slide_end
  • Improved slider's dragging code to be more responsive in edge cases
Textarea:
  • Added edit lock option (can't change the textarea in any way with the keyboard or mouse) via editing_locked
  • Added tabs (tab key)
  • Added new lines via the enter key
  • Added undo/redo
  • Added hooks for Popo tags via setTextSettings and wrap_text_in
  • Added cursor visibility (blinking) via cursor_visible and cursor_blink_interval
  • Improved cursor interactions to be more responsive in edge cases
  • Exposed a number of extra functions and attributes that were previously hidden
General:
  • Added overlay option for drawing. On top of defining a draw function on your theme you can define one named overlay. The overlay function is always draw on top of everything else
  • Updated the library to support 0.10.0 on top of 0.9.1 and 0.9.2
  • Added overridable getMousePosition function for Base mixin
  • Improved and fixed Chatbox example
  • Added Chatbox walkthrough documentation
  • Updated documentation considerably, making it more clear in general
Thranduil

Documentation

Walkthroughs
Rishavs
Party member

Post by Rishavs »

Hi

I was wondering how can i set the text for a button?

Currently i am creating a simple graphics.print object and manually overlaying it on top of the button.

If this feature is not there, I'd request you to add the same.
getText, setText methods will be great to have.

EDIT: Ignore this. I found out how to do it.