Small Shader Effect Applier

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Small Shader Effect Applier

Post by HugoBDesigner »

Made for a friend of mine that wanted shader effects in images. Nothing too fancy, though. Credits to Maurice Guégan (creator of Mari0 and other games from Stabyourself.net) for the shaders code and the shaders themselves (I don't know who made the shaders, but it was in his game, so yeah).

F3: Takes a screenshot
Tab: Switches between images
Left/Right: Changes shader 1
[SHIFT] Left/Right: Changes shader 2
[HOLD] Enter: Shows small information
Esc: Exit (pretty obvious)

To add images, you can either place them inside the .love file or in "%appdata%/LOVE/Shadder Effect/images" (you may have to create the folder). To add new shaders, put them in "%appdata%/LOVE/Shadder Effect/shaders". To get the images with the effect already, get them in "%appdata/LOVE/Shadder Effect/screenshots".

SHADERS ARE NOT SUPPORTED IN ALL COMPUTERS! IT'S NOT SUPPORTED IN MINE, FOR EXAMPLE.
If you want, you can modify this code as much as you want, still giving credits to me. It is licensed under Creative Commons 3.0

Works for LÖVE 0.8.0, 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 (I LÖVE doing retro-compatibility)

NOTE: There are 2 default images there, made by myself, just to fill empty space. You can still add yours.

EDIT: New download, it's the further I could get with this. It should work, but I can't test it on my own computer;
DOWNLOAD
Last edited by HugoBDesigner on Wed May 28, 2014 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
alesan99
Citizen

Re: Small Shader Effect Applier

Post by alesan99 »

HugoBDesigner wrote:Credits to Maurice Guégan (creator of Mari0 and other games from Stabyourself.net) for the shaders code and the shaders themselves (I don't know who made the shaders, but it was in his game, so yeah).
I believe slime made them

Anyway it doesn't work on love 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 because pixel effects were removed (renamed?).
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Post by HugoBDesigner »

alesan99 wrote:
HugoBDesigner wrote:Credits to Maurice Guégan (creator of Mari0 and other games from Stabyourself.net) for the shaders code and the shaders themselves (I don't know who made the shaders, but it was in his game, so yeah).
I believe slime made them

Anyway it doesn't work on love 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 because pixel effects were removed (renamed?).
Yup, and it also doesn't work for some other reason. I'm trying to fix it, but I honestly don't know what's happening. Anyway, here's the more up-to-date file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww1mjdt8m1r8d ... ffect.love
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Post by HugoBDesigner »

Guys, I need some help. My computer doesn't render shaders, so I asked a friend to test this for me. I spent over an hour trying to fix it, and we still couldn't get it to work. I don't know much about shaders either. Could someone please help? Here's the latest version, by the way:

Any help is appreciated!
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

HugoBDesigner wrote:Guys, I need some help. My computer doesn't render shaders, so I asked a friend to test this for me. I spent over an hour trying to fix it, and we still couldn't get it to work. I don't know much about shaders either. Could someone please help? Here's the latest version, by the way:

Any help is appreciated!
Works for me in 0.9.1 on KUbuntu Precise.
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Post by HugoBDesigner »

dusoft wrote:
HugoBDesigner wrote:Guys, I need some help. My computer doesn't render shaders, so I asked a friend to test this for me. I spent over an hour trying to fix it, and we still couldn't get it to work. I don't know much about shaders either. Could someone please help? Here's the latest version, by the way:

Any help is appreciated!
Works for me in 0.9.1 on KUbuntu Precise.
Thanks for letting me know! Really! I updated the main post and added this link there too :ultraglee:
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog