Physics based Platform engine

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
lejeunerenard
Prole

Physics based Platform engine

Post by lejeunerenard »

This is the very begging of what I hope to be a full fledge physics based platform engine made with Love. I thought I would just post this up in case it could help anyone who is trying to create something similar. Any help or suggestions are welcomed. For now since this is really just my attempt to create a game, there are some features specific to my game such as being able to right click and drag to select a power (water being the only power) and then left clicking to spawn water.

To Do:

- Grid system for levels
- Create Level Designer
- Changeable resolutions (sorry that its at 1280x1024, i debug at even higher resolutions.)

Known Bugs:

- Occasionally the character will not be able to jump while on a platform. This is due to the engines inability to constantly detect collisions. This will be worked around with the development of a level designer.
- Eventually the game will crash due to water.

Download:
http://www.lejeunerenard.com/files/Phys ... ngine.love
farvardin
Party member

Re: Physics based Platform engine

Post by farvardin »

looks nice, but the keys should be easily redefinable (it seems the setup is inside several files such as ./game/entities/prop_cir_player.lua ./game/entities/prop_hex_player.lua ...
lejeunerenard
Prole

Re: Physics based Platform engine

Post by lejeunerenard »

Yeah I plan on making everything much more modular in the future. Right now like I said the setup is very specific because I am working on a game, but I will make it general for an official release.

I started working on the level designer last night. What kind of features would be important for a platform level designer? So far it will be grid based with materials on the side which once click set the current material and then applies the material to whatever grid block that applies.