LoveUI for Love 0.5.0

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: LoveUI... has button, Textfield, tableView

Post by Robin »

How's development going?

As you might know, we're using LoveUI for the map editor of LovelyBigPlanet. So far, it's working great, but right now we need some kind of checkboxes, so players can select which layer(s) the objects are in. So is there any chance you either made it already or will start working on that sometime soon?

Thanks in advance ^^

p.s.: You signed up for beta-testing LBP, are you still interested?
p.p.s.: 500th post!
Help us help you: attach a .love.
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

Hi, I've paused development for the past couple of months... Had been waiting for love 0.6.0 so I could boost its performance tremendously (mainly through replacing my implementation of pushmatrix, popmatrix, translate, with OpenGL's.)

I'll look into adding checkboxes soon. ^^

p.s I'm up for beta testing. :)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

appleide wrote:Hi, I've paused development for the past couple of months... Had been waiting for love 0.6.0 so I could boost its performance tremendously (mainly through replacing my implementation of pushmatrix, popmatrix, translate, with OpenGL's.)
Ah, ok. ^^
appleide wrote:I'll look into adding checkboxes soon. ^^
OK, great. :) We don't really need it right now for LBP though, since we implemented layer placement differently after all.
appleide wrote:p.s I'm up for beta testing. :)
You know where to get the latest? If you need something to test, you can try to do funky thinks with the editor. ;)
Sparx
Party member

Post by Sparx »

h there,

I want to start porting my game to 0.6.0(testing on the snapshots) but LoveUI isn't ported yet. I tried doing that myself but there is no comming through for me....

I'd love to see a version runing on a snapshot of 0.6.0 so that i could start porting my game to have it as close as possible to runing on a future release of 0.6.0 directly.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Sparx wrote:I want to start porting my game to 0.6.0(testing on the snapshots) but LoveUI isn't ported yet.
appleide seems to be working on it, but if you want something in the meantime: bartbes and me made a crude port of LoveUI to 0.6.0 for LovelyBigPlanet. http://github.com/bartbes/lovelybigplan ... bs/LoveUI/
Sparx
Party member

Post by Sparx »

thanks so far..
The gui looks a bit more simple but enough to start porting my game to 0.6.0
You should fix line 229 of LoveUITableView.lua....
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

Yeah, use lovelybigplanet's port...
I still can't haven't got my copy of LoveUI running properly yet... all the widgets are black even after I've fixed all the setColor issues. I'm going to pull my hair out just to get this working.

For the next version I'll implement a 100% private graphics API (as opposed to 10% private) and just map it to löve's so this doesn't happen again. A side effect is... I might be able to make this library work for other lua game engines. *shudder*

I still need the new documentation for any significant performance boosts.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

appleide wrote:For the next version I'll implement a 100% private graphics API (as opposed to 10% private) and just map it to löve's so this doesn't happen again. A side effect is... I might be able to make this library work for other lua game engines. *shudder*
Will the game-side API be (roughly) the same? If it is very different, we might not be able to upgrade. :(
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

Robin wrote:
appleide wrote:For the next version I'll implement a 100% private graphics API (as opposed to 10% private) and just map it to löve's so this doesn't happen again. A side effect is... I might be able to make this library work for other lua game engines. *shudder*
Will the game-side API be (roughly) the same? If it is very different, we might not be able to upgrade. :(
The idea is to keep it the same. I'm talking about the functions LoveUI itself uses to draw... like love.graphics.draw, love.graphics.setFont... etc.