ÖRGY

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
kraftman
Party member

ÖRGY

Post by kraftman »

So this is a very simple proof of concept for a potentially much larger project, just getting the basics in place before I bother to continue with the rest.

The example file contains 2 seperate .love projects combined in one, they can be paused and played, can be scaled (drag the right or bottom edges), and can be dragged around the workspace (drag the top of the 'window'). They function within their own environments, so there won't be any conflicts in variable declarations.

If developed further, this could develop into a live coding environment like LICK using LuaEdit and potentially a Live threading if you wanted to work with threads.

Ideally, I'd like to develop a process of
a) quickly sharing/playing projects with other people
b) viewing/editing the source code of the projects and updating on the fly.

Meh, we'll see.
Attachments
MultiProj 0.11.love
(9.24 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Re: ÖRGY

Post by Taehl »

I like this. I could see it as being useful for GUIs and the like, too (one Project which is the game, and another Project which is the menu, drawn on top of it, with both of them taking up the whole window).
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

Taehl wrote:I like this. I could see it as being useful for GUIs and the like, too (one Project which is the game, and another Project which is the menu, drawn on top of it, with both of them taking up the whole window).
Well, it's pretty flexible yeah. I guess you could consistently view multiple states of a single game at once, and them combine them later on.

My ideal scenario for this system would be a method for uploading your game, and then either a game lobby showing other players playing the game, or a dev lobby showing other developers working on the game, all viewable in the sub-windows. Since my determination only seems to persist as long as I feel like I'm learning something, we'll see how far this gets.
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

LOVE library names are getting worse and worse.
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

Tesselode wrote:LOVE library names are getting better and better.
+1
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Tesselode wrote:LOVE library names are getting worse and worse.
Yeeeeep... they are indeed. There's whole lot more subjects contained within "love" than just sex and body parts everyone. :ehem:
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Ugh, I really expected the little windows to wobble when I dragged them around. :P

The idea and execution of multiple projects in one is really nice.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

This is cool! Develop this further! :neko:
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Tesselode wrote:LOVE library names are getting worse and worse.
They are? Most of the sex-related LÖVE puns for library names have been around for quite a while.
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

Updated it a bit so you can pan around the project with middle click, and zoom in and out a bit.
If you click on one project, the others will auto pause.
Attachments
MultiProj 0.13 nofb.love
(18.17 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
MultiProj 0.13.love
(18.19 KiB) Downloaded 222 times