Moan (sound synthesis for löve)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: Moan (sound synthesis for löve)

Post by Jasoco »

TNTBasic had a feature called Moan. But it was for sprite scripting.
vrld
Party member

Post by vrld »

Tesselode wrote:Why did you have to name this suggestively?
How is moan suggestive? :huh:

I added a simple save/load option for the sequencer. You can trade sequences by looking into the love save directory. The file moan/moan-sequencer.txt contains a line with a lot of numbers that represent the state. By writing that file you can import other peoples saves. The piece from the video would be

Code: Select all

0,1024,0,32,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,4;0,0,0,0,32,0,8,8,4,1,0,1024,512,0,0,0;1024,0,32,0,0,0,0,0,0,512,0,0,0,0,512,1024;0,32,0,2048,0,0,1024,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
This is not exactly user friendly right now, but better that than nothing ;)
Luca wrote:I'd like to see a menu to alter the sound patches wired up to that sequencer.
I don't think that I will implement this (because I am lazy). You can however experiment with different sounds if you change the function createSample in sequencer.lua.
Thursdaybloom wrote:I'd love to be able to create sounds with Lovem but the source code makes me :sad: and vrld explaining it to me would make me :sad:.
You can use moan.lua as a library for basic sound creation. You will need some level of understanding about music that I don't have to do what redlock did, though. I could write up some sort of tutorial on how to use moan if you are interested.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Ah nice.

It would be cool if the sound synthesis is done in cpp. I like to suggest to add sfxr to the love functions. Using sfxr we also have a frontend for linux/win to generate the sound seeds.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

SiENcE wrote:I like to suggest to add sfxr to the love functions.
I'm not sure how that would work.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

I talked with bartbes about it, to include the sound generation function directly into love 0.7.0 .
Thursdaybloom
Citizen

Post by Thursdaybloom »

vrld wrote:You will need some level of understanding about music that I don't have to do what redlock did, though. I could write up some sort of tutorial on how to use moan if you are interested.
I'm doing a Music Tech degree at University with emphasis, in coming years, on sound design. This is why I want to get a head start on writing sound creation programs. I'll get you t help me out in IRC at some point in the future (once Uni has finished for the year).