Love Editor

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
coffee
Party member

Re: Love Editor

Post by coffee »

Positive07 wrote:Then... why do you keep replying? why do you keep complaining?
Oh sorry! Don't worry! I won't! I already said what I needed long ago. And your answer was actually funny and I will leave it as it was because all your you "ask" is already answered by me, qaisjp and other people. :)
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

coffee wrote:
Oh sorry! Don't worry! I won't! I already said what I needed long ago. And your answer was actually funny and I will leave it as it was because all your you "ask" is already answered by me, qaisjp and other people. :)
Everyone has the right to post on this topic and give their opinions, although coffee's words are against the project, it is his opinion and I still want to follow in this project.
10$man wrote:But next time, you probably shouldn't post until you at least have a Demo you can release.
Yeah, I realised later I should've finished most of it and then post this, but anyway..
Lua is not an acronym.
retrotails
Party member

Post by retrotails »

I made a text editor in Love once. The lack of copy/paste is annoying. Also it sucked. Good luck with this though. I have a question - what is an IDE exactly? Where is the line between a text editor and an IDE?
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

retrotails wrote:I made a text editor in Love once. The lack of copy/paste is annoying. Also it sucked. Good luck with this though. I have a question - what is an IDE exactly? Where is the line between a text editor and an IDE?
copy/paste can be achieved using a non pure-lua method.
IDE is a Integrated Development Environment, a program built specifically for a language and for it's needs (Visual Studio has a gui editor, inbuilt compiling, editor, management etc) - a text editor is built for editing.
Lua is not an acronym.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Love Editor [MAIN POST UPDATED!]

Post by Robin »

Averice wrote:Why is everyone so quick to say it shouldn't be done in love?
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. LÖVE is a hammer. An IDE is not a nail. It's, I dunno, an office building.

In other words:
If you want to use the wrong tool for the job, you're gonna have a bad time.

If you really want to be masochistic like that, I recommend you check out BrainFuck. It's Turing complete, so everything you can do in Lua, you can do in BrainFuck. Sure, it might take more time, but it's not impossible.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

qaisjp wrote:
coffee wrote:
Everyone has the right to post on this topic and give their opinions, although coffee's words are against the project, it is his opinion and I still want to follow in this project.
Yeah I really know this but well dont be so negative :B
And my questions were redundant you didnt have to answer them thought, Coffee
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

[CANCELLED: because my research says so. i now agree with those who say that love is not powerful to do this and built for games and not software.]
Lua is not an acronym.