First of all, this is my first post here, so a big thank you to all the wonderful LÖVE community and developers is due!
Since LÖVE is powering our game development, it's only fair to contribute to its awesomeness.
Now down for the interesting part...
I created crush: a simple external library manager for LÖVE games/libraries, it's good for two things:
- Fetching libraries and including them in your project.
- Conveniently distributing libraries depending on other libraries themselves.
Its distinguishing features are:
- Extremely predictable and easy to understand.
- Doesn't require large package manager à la LuaRocks.
- Doesn't require anything else but a single crush.lua file in your project and a .lovedeps file listing the required libraries.
- No fancy publishing procedure, just give your library a git repo and you're good.
- ...in fact it does work with most existing LÖVE libraries that aren't even aware of your crush
- It deals with just one task, and it doesn't plan to deal with anything more than that.