How can i build Love 0.7.2 to run an old game?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Gilan_
Prole

How can i build Love 0.7.2 to run an old game?

Post by Gilan_ »

Hello, i was trying to package NotTetris2 to flatpak, because the Love version of the game (0.7.2) is too old, so using flatpak resolves this problem, but i still need to build it, and i can't find the fedora package for the SDL version of the LOVE 0.7.2, so if someone could help me about how can i find the package, or alternative method of building, or configuring LOVE to use sdl12-compat, anyway, i'm open to any other suggestion, thank you all in advance!
pgimeno
Party member

Re: How can i build Love 0.7.2 to run an old game?

Post by pgimeno »

I've compiled every version of Löve from 0.1.1a on with Debian. Some versions required a minor change in DevIL because a type was removed, but it was fairly straightforward otherwise.

Maybe try installing a Debian chroot or virtual machine to compile it.
Gilan_
Prole

Post by Gilan_ »

pgimeno wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:26 pm I've compiled every version of Löve from 0.1.1a on with Debian. Some versions required a minor change in DevIL because a type was removed, but it was fairly straightforward otherwise.

Maybe try installing a Debian chroot or virtual machine to compile it.
Thank you for the reply, just one more question, you used an old debian version, or the latest debian can install the old lybraries just fine?
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

I used an old debian because I'm in oldoldstable, but at least DevIL and SDL 1 are in stable, so I presume that stable should work too.