Black Screen on Chromebook

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
artificialallium
Prole

Black Screen on Chromebook

Post by artificialallium »

Hey! its me, the crazy person trying to make this chromebook useable.
I am unable to open main.lua files from either the chromebook storage or from the org.love2d.android folder.
when running a file from chromebook storage (using ES file explorer), i get the no game screen. When running a file from the org.love2d.android i get a completely black screen. I even uninstalled from google play and proceeded to install the 11.4 apk from the github release. I even tried to build from source in the crostini linux but kept running into exec format errors despite me downloading binaries for aarch64 from a rasbpi archive. Please help
many thanks.
milon
Party member

Re: Black Screen on Chromebook

Post by milon »

artificialallium wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:41 am when running a file from chromebook storage (using ES file explorer), i get the no game screen.
I assume you mean running a .love file directly. Strange that would give you a no game screen - that implies love2d can't access the file. Weird Chromebook permissions issue perhaps?
artificialallium wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:41 am When running a file from the org.love2d.android i get a completely black screen...
How are you doing that? Last time I used love2d on Android it launched straight into No Game unless I ran the .love directly. Does it have a file picker now?
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.