Error loading lua file

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Casufito64
Prole

Error loading lua file

Post by Casufito64 »

I just installed love2d and when i try to add the main.lua file the program gives me this error:

[love "boot.lua"] cannot load game at path 'C:/Program Files/LOVE/testing lua/main.lua'.
Make sure a folder exist at the specified path.
ReFreezed
Party member

Re: Error loading lua file

Post by ReFreezed »

You need to tell LÖVE to run the game folder, not the main.lua file.

Code: Select all

love.exe "C:/Program Files/LOVE/testing lua"
Tools: Hot Particles, LuaPreprocess, InputField, (more) Games: Momento Temporis
"If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."
Axiorc
Prole

Post by Axiorc »

ReFreezed wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:29 pm You need to tell LÖVE to run the game folder, not the main.lua file.

Code: Select all

love.exe "C:/Program Files/LOVE/testing lua"
How do I tell Löve to run the folder ? I don't understand where to paste the code you wrote
Andlac028
Party member

Post by Andlac028 »

That should be pasted to the terminal, but you can also just drop the folder containing main.lua on love.exe. See wiki for more info about how to run games
Axiorc
Prole

Post by Axiorc »

Andlac028 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:21 pm That should be pasted to the terminal, but you can also just drop the folder containing main.lua on love.exe. See wiki for more info about how to run games
On the wiki I didn't find anything about making a .exe file so my friends don't have to download LÖVE. Is it possible to create one and if so, how ?
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Axiorc wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:49 am
Andlac028 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:21 pm That should be pasted to the terminal, but you can also just drop the folder containing main.lua on love.exe. See wiki for more info about how to run games
On the wiki I didn't find anything about making a .exe file so my friends don't have to download LÖVE. Is it possible to create one and if so, how ?
-> https://love2d.org/wiki/Game_Distribution
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.