Building with my own LuaJIT

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
technomancy
Prole

Building with my own LuaJIT

Post by technomancy »

Hello!

I recently got an arm64 laptop, and it's great. However, LuaJIT had some bugs which caused frequent segfaults on arm64. Luckily these bugs have been fixed in git, but they haven't yet made it to a release.

I can't figure out how to recompile Love to use the version of LuaJIT which has the fixes applied. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm very unfamiliar with autotools etc.
darkfrei
Party member

Re: Building with my own LuaJIT

Post by darkfrei »

Not sure bur maybe the replacing of lua51.dll
:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Have you tried to build the development version?
AuahDark
Party member

Post by AuahDark »

You don't specify OS. In Linux, you probably have to recompile everything so it uses /usr/local paths. In Windows, it's not possible to compile LuaJIT for Windows ARM64 yet.
Profile. Do you encounter crashes in LÖVE Android and wanna send me logcats? Please hit me up in LÖVE Discord and send the full logcat file!
technomancy
Prole

Post by technomancy »

Ah right; forgot that Windows was a thing. Yes, I'm building on Linux. I was hoping to be able to point love to my luajit that exists in my home dir without any sudo shenanigans, but I guess if putting it in /usr/local is the way to go I can do that; thanks. =)
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

technomancy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:30 pm Ah right; forgot that Windows was a thing. Yes, I'm building on Linux. I was hoping to be able to point love to my luajit that exists in my home dir without any sudo shenanigans, but I guess if putting it in /usr/local is the way to go I can do that; thanks. =)

Code: Select all

$ LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/my/luajit.so love game.love