question about Love.js security

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: question about Love.js security

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

4vZEROv wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:51 am
I feel that this author never wrote a single line of code of his life.
:ultrahappy: :crazy: Haha, I read it in a book somewhere but I couldn't find it online so I looked for the best site I could find at that time, my Google didn't work and bing gave me less than standard results(or that could just be me). (That's not a nice thing to say :ultrahappy:, and anyway designers normally write stuff like that, not programmers. though they may still know how to code.)
duaner wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:05 am Which, of course, begs the question, how much does coding have to do with the success of a game (vs. art, marketing, concept, and pure luck)? :)

Sorry, off-topic.
I guess the coding's input to the success is how well logic is written, like physics and how it makes the game look natural. Stuff like that I think :P.
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

atenzor wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:46 pm For me, it's not about the money, it's about someone else claiming they did what I did and I don't want that.

I want to be "known" as the only person who managed to implement that, you feel me?
First implement it and then boast about it.
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

atenzor wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 pm I am very confident I can manage to protect it with all that I have learned from this topic and other sources.

Like I said, I will try, doesn't hurt trying. Back to creating? I am already creating basically, this protection will just be after
on top, like a layer added.

When you say never release to protect, that is completely ridiculous, tons of games out there no one even managed to reach the source code of the game, because it's hard to reverse engineer it. So it's possible. Yes, might be hard, but possible.
Not even true. If the game is worth hacking, then there will be mods, cheaters etc.

Easier you make it to extend/mod your game happier the players and fans.