Missing libraries when trying to build for IOS

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
adventuretron
Prole

Missing libraries when trying to build for IOS

Post by adventuretron »

Hello all,

Just for fun I am attempting to build my game for iOS. I have followed all of the official instructions, and I'm using the latest source code from the git repo as I believe a few bugs were fixed since the latest official release.

The build fails with the error: Lexical or Preprocessor issue, 'lua.h' file not found

I looked in the header search paths under build settings, and it looks like the project expects to find luajit and SDL2 under 'ios/include' in the project source. There is no 'include' directory in 'ios' though.

I did find a script called 'luajit-iOS.sh' which looks like it might create something inside 'include' and 'libraries', but again, they don't exist.

Have I missed a step here?

Thanks in advance for any help!
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Missing libraries when trying to build for IOS

Post by slime »

You can download the necessary libraries for iOS from https://github.com/love2d/love/releases (the love-11.3-ios-libraries.zip link) - they're already provided with the iOS-specific source download of 11.3 but not with standalone source code. As per the readme-iOS file, the include and libraries folders in that download go into the love/platform/xcode/ios folder.