How can i install and old version in linux

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
maromaro
Prole

How can i install and old version in linux

Post by maromaro »

So i am trying to install love version 0.9.0 on linux but i don't know how it tells me that :
* love : Depends: liblove (= 0.9.0) but it is not installable
then when i try to install liblove i get :
* liblove : PreDepends: multiarch-support but it is not installable
Depends: libsdl2 (>= 2.0.1) but it is not installable
Depends: libmng1 but it is not installable
pgimeno
Party member

Re: How can i install and old version in linux

Post by pgimeno »

Compiling it yourself is the best option. I have compiled all versions from 0.1.1a to 11.3. Some very old versions require modifying the source slightly because of a change in an integer type of the DevIL library.

You don't even need to install it. Just compile it as static by configuring with ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static (I think it works only for 0.9.0 onwards), then copy the executable to /usr/local/bin or wherever you need.
maromaro
Prole

Re: How can i install and old version in linux

Post by maromaro »

pgimeno wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:29 pm Compiling it yourself is the best option. I have compiled all versions from 0.1.1a to 11.3. Some very old versions require modifying the source slightly because of a change in an integer type of the DevIL library.

You don't even need to install it. Just compile it as static by configuring with ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static (I think it works only for 0.9.0 onwards), then copy the executable to /usr/local/bin or wherever you need.
Got it thank you so much :).