love.exe does not start

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Fang86
Prole

love.exe does not start

Post by Fang86 »

Hey guys, a few months ago I was coding and everything was fine, but today I tried to run one of my projects and it decided to not work. I use ZeroBrane Studio.

First I was getting "Could not initialize SDL joystick subsystem (directx error 0x)" upon launching any project. It said there was an error with boot.lua. I tried running an exe that was packaged with love, which worked previously, but love.exe still failed to open. I was able to open love.exe if I launch it directly, but that is of no use because it's the default "no game" screen.

I reinstalled love2d and the error went away, but this time it wouldn't give me any error, love just wouldn't open. Then, if I tried stopping the program, it gives me "Unable to stop program (pid: ...), code 4." with the respective pid. I tried reinstalling ZBS but it didn't change anything. I'm not sure what to do at this point, I've checked all the settings I could think of to no avail.

edit: Randomly started working. Eventually it would open after 5 minutes or so, now it opens immediately. Not sure what fixed it, I don't recall changing anything other than messing with the installation after the problem began occuring.