Games don't work

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
krb501
Prole

Games don't work

Post by krb501 »

I tried to run this file from Github in the Love 2d engine, and it came back with an error. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

This is what the error message said:

Error

boot.lua:575: No code to run
Your game might be packaged incorrectly.
Make sure main.lua is at the top level of the zip.

Traceback

[C]: in function 'error'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
zorg
Party member

Re: Games don't work

Post by zorg »

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Now, if i didn't know about the discourse on Discord previously, i'd ask for more info, but since i do:
You drag the project's FOLDER onto löve's executable file (either love.exe or lovec.exe), but you did try that already, and got a different error, that suggested that the project was made for an older löve version than the current. (src/Dependencies.lua:84: bad argument #2 to 'newSource' (string expected, got no value))

Another more important fact is that there's a pull request in the repository that updates the code for löve 11.x, which may or may not work better if those changes are applied.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.