Should I share love2d with my gf ? and other intersting Qs

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
apolius
Prole

Should I share love2d with my gf ? and other intersting Qs

Post by apolius »

Hello forum,
I am a high school student, I've started learning lua and love 2d for the couple past months whenever I can and I am in love with it.

Since you guys have been doing this for a lot longer than me, could you all please take a moment of your time and maybe share your opinions on these mildly interesting questions :

1: :| Should I share love2d with my gf ? or should we just stick to Netflix ?
2: Did you master love2d? and if yes, how long did it take you?
3: Will the playstore love2d app get updated or should I just use the latest APK?
4: On a scale of 0 to 1, How much should I OBEY ?
5: Is content available here, attachments, code in comments, pictures and/or other media, subjected to copyright/license or is it freely public ?
6: How many hugs/other intimate actions do i need to give/do in order to help the love community and project?
7: Does the pink pig in this web page header have a name, and if not, can we democratically name him ?

I hope you have a great day, sir/madame
zorg
Party member

Re: Should I share love2d with my gf ? and other intersting Qs

Post by zorg »

Hi and welcome to the forums!

1. IMHO a löve and chill is fine too.
2. Can't say i did, but lua isn't too hard of a programming language to learn, and löve's functionality is mostly clear... and there's the wiki to help.
3. The APK was just updated, so you should use that, i think.
4. pi/e
5. Not a lawyer, but i think people still retain copyright to everything unless they state otherwise (e.g. "The code above public domain/CC0 or CC-whatever"), but most snippets i think are provided so others can indeed make use of them, even without specifically mentioning the providers of those in-code (maybe as a thanks section in the credits or in a file or something, idk)
6. As many as you want :3
7. I don't think the piggy has one, but it never came up from what i remember.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Should I share love2d with my gf ? and other intersting Qs

Post by pgimeno »

FWIW the piggy appears in the no-game screen of LÖVE 0.8.0, codenamed "Rubber Piggy".