Any way to get LOVE to behave with Windows' XBOX Game Bar?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Sky_Render
Prole

Any way to get LOVE to behave with Windows' XBOX Game Bar?

Post by Sky_Render »

So I've run into a rather vexing problem: every time LOVE changes window sizes, the XBOX Game Bar pops up behind the window. In doing so, it creates a dead space of mouse recognition exactly the size and shape of the XBOX Game Bar. Said dead space does not go away until you Alt-Tab away from the window. Has anyone found a way to fix this besides turning off the XBOX Game Bar entirely? I'd rather not resort to that, as it's not fair to my players to tell them to disable other software to use mine. Thank you!
raidho36
Party member

Re: Any way to get LOVE to behave with Windows' XBOX Game Bar?

Post by raidho36 »

Simply avoid changing the size of the game window all the time.
Sky_Render
Prole

Post by Sky_Render »

I need to set it at least once when I start the game; that's unavoidable. And changing the window size even once from the default setting triggers this issue. So your solution, sadly, doesn't work for me.
Sasha264
Party member

Post by Sasha264 »

Do you have the same issue with other windowed or fullscreen games?
Like those you play in steam?
If yes so how you can live with this XBOX Game Bar at all? :huh:
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Sky_Render wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:51 am I need to set it at least once when I start the game; that's unavoidable. And changing the window size even once from the default setting triggers this issue. So your solution, sadly, doesn't work for me.
You can try saving settings to a modified conf.lua file and the modified version should load instead of defaults, this way you don't need to change the resolution manually except during the settings change, which would be acceptable.
Sky_Render
Prole

Post by Sky_Render »

That is a feature I didn't know exists, but it only solves the problem for the initial load. What if the player wants to change the screen resolution after initial load to better suit their system's capabilities? The same problem comes up again.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Sky_Render wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:01 am That is a feature I didn't know exists, but it only solves the problem for the initial load. What if the player wants to change the screen resolution after initial load to better suit their system's capabilities? The same problem comes up again.
As I said, technical hiccups like this during settings change are fully expected, and thus are acceptable. It's only a problem if it comes up with no user input and anticipation.