Help with HC?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
kingburtis
Prole

Help with HC?

Post by kingburtis »

Attached is all I have right now, basically I'm trying to figure out how to create a class extended off of a polygon using HC. I was going to use Classic for my classes but seeing how HC works I don't think i'll be able to do that. Could someone please show me how to create a class with a polygon collider using either HC or Classic I would really appreciate it. :? The corners I want for the polygon form a diamond shape because I felt that was the best fit for the player, considering there will be ramps and such in the game. (Context for title, I'm wanting to make a platformer in the style of the Donkey Kong Country series)
Attachments
zdonkeykong2.love
(19.15 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Help with HC?

Post by bartbes »

HC is set up in such a way that it can cooperate with multiple different class libraries (via Class Commons). I've taken the liberty of writing an implementation of the Class Commons interface for classic, here: https://github.com/bartbes/classic/blob ... lassic.lua. That said, it's not exactly obvious how to properly extend the various HC shape classes.
kingburtis
Prole

Post by kingburtis »

bartbes wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:00 pm HC is set up in such a way that it can cooperate with multiple different class libraries (via Class Commons). I've taken the liberty of writing an implementation of the Class Commons interface for classic, here: https://github.com/bartbes/classic/blob ... lassic.lua. That said, it's not exactly obvious how to properly extend the various HC shape classes.
TYSM dude, I regret to inform you that, for other reasons, I have switched to Bump for my collision detection. Thank you for trying to help though! Mods can close this thread or whatever I don't need help with this anymore lol.
D0NM
Party member

Post by D0NM »

:crazy: Some months ago I switched from "easy-to-use" Bump to HC and I do not regret it.

For those, who want to see HC tricks then you may check the sources of our game project. :3
Our LÖVE Gamedev blog Zabuyaki (an open source retro beat 'em up game). Twitter: @Zabuyaki.
:joker: LÖVE & Lua Video Lessons in Russian / Видео уроки по LÖVE и Lua :joker: