Love taking forever to start... [Solved]

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
raidho36
Party member

Re: Love taking forever to start... :(

Post by raidho36 »

No, the binary build package contains everything you need.
Slayer
Prole

Post by Slayer »

OK, I guess the only thing left for me to try is the 9.2 version. Will have to wait until tomorrow before have time to try it...

Thanks again to everyone who's trying to help. I really appreciate it. :crazy:
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Slayer wrote:@slime I tried disabling audio but it didn't seem to help. Also, I don't know if it helps, but I forgot to mention once the game window starts it works for about 1-2 seconds then hangs and is unresponsive for another 10 seconds. After that it works fine though.
Hmm. The no-game screen also disables several other modules besides audio. Maybe try having this conf.lua, and if it fixes it then incrementally enable the disabled modules (probably starting with joystick) until you figure out which one is causing the hang?

Code: Select all

function love.conf(t)
	t.modules.joystick = false
	t.modules.audio = false
	t.modules.sound = false
	t.modules.physics = false
end
Slayer
Prole

Post by Slayer »

slime wrote: Hmm. The no-game screen also disables several other modules besides audio. Maybe try having this conf.lua, and if it fixes it then incrementally enable the disabled modules (probably starting with joystick) until you figure out which one is causing the hang?

Code: Select all

function love.conf(t)
	t.modules.joystick = false
	t.modules.audio = false
	t.modules.sound = false
	t.modules.physics = false
end
Succcess! With this conf Love starts instantly. I will go through and toggle them until I locate the problem.
Slayer
Prole

Post by Slayer »

It appears to be the joystick module.

I had a joystick plugged in so I removed it from the usb, but doesn't help, only disabling it in Love works.

Update:

I have discovered that something maybe wrong with the controller drivers on windows. The controller appears to work fine, but if I open the windows game controllers window it takes about as long as the hang in love was taking, and after it is open it continues to hang every so often. Even with no remote connected.

Not sure exactly how to correct this issue, but it appears that this is what is causing love to hang.

Thanks for helping locate the problem though, I will continue to disable the joystick until I can figure out what the issue is. :megagrin:
Slayer
Prole

Post by Slayer »

Ok, after extensive testing I have discovered that one of the items in windows startup was causing a conflict with Love, I'm not sure which yet as I disabled them all. I will go through and report what is causing the conflict in case anyone else ever has the same issue.

As of right now Love works perfectly, even without the config.

Thank you all so much for the help, this is a wonderful community. :awesome:
Slayer
Prole

Post by Slayer »

I have identified the problem as Corsair Utility Engine, a program that comes with all Corsair keyboards. I'm not sure what interaction it has with the joystick drivers, but if you own a Corsair keyboard try turning it off, It may fix your problem.

Thanks again to all who helped.

Now, back to game making. :)
kiel814
Prole

Re: Love taking forever to start... [Solved]

Post by kiel814 »

I'm having this same issue. And the same fix: disabling the joystick module.
I have a Razer keyboard and mouse, but I've had it for a long time and it never caused problems before. Maybe the software was updated or something.
Sorry for necroing this post, but it seemed appropriate.