Starting of any Love2d program is very slow

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
gim
Prole

Re: Starting of any Love2d program is very slow

Post by gim »

KeplerFinn wrote:Mine:
Yes, I'm running on a notebook.

Anyway, given the fact that it runs fast on 0.9.2 but slow on 0.10.1 makes this a regression issue, don't you think?
Well, it happens only to you, so hardly a regression.

You can try running procmon (from sysinternals suite) filter by love. Save both csv and PML and you can try uploading it here
"We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained." - Marie Skłodowska-Curie
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

It happens on a system where it didn't happen, so it technically is a regression.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Fuzzlix
Citizen

Post by Fuzzlix »

KeplerFinn wrote:Hi,

I'm running love 0.10.1 in Windows 7 using the simple command line instruction:

Code: Select all

love .
inside the directory containing a main.lua file
So your love.exe is in the search path? Which version is in the search path? May be v0.10.x finds some dll but its own?
neortik
Prole

Post by neortik »

Hey did you checked your peripherals ? Someone told me my problem which is like yours comes from my keyboard and he have the same problem. When I launch a love2d program it works but after few seconds it began to load a lot and I have to wait like 1 minute. The solution I was told was to use a conf.lua with my program and to disable the joystick line. You should try it also try to see when you launch a program if it will work instantly if you pull out the USB of your keyboard. For me it works. But I don't want to do this all time so I have to use conf.lua and when I want to play games from people I have to put conf.lua too. But watch out if you want to use joystick features you have to enable the joystick line in conf.lua again and yes to wait a lot(in my case it will slow the program launch again)

I use the Zerobrane studio Ide maybe you have the same too ? Hope I can help you and other if they see this post.