For making complex physics in löve, is creating a personalized engine the only option?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
szensk
Party member

Re: For making complex physics in löve, is creating a personalized engine the only option?

Post by szensk »

What I did for static JSON data was load it with dkjson into a Lua table, then serialize the table with Serpent (or any decent Lua serialization library) and finally write that resulting string to a new file. Basically compiling JSON to Lua tables ahead of time.
scissors61
Citizen

Re: For making complex physics in löve, is creating a personalized engine the only option?

Post by scissors61 »

szensk, airstruck, I saw your resources for converting json to lua, I'll keep them in mind for using them with a more advanced physics editor, if I buy one, or maybe I'll have to switch to windows to see if I find more free resources. But google's physics editor only creates data about vertices, it doesn't use complicated json code, thanks to that I only had to change it just a little to make it work in löve, but the results are polygons with really small dimensions, unless I have to convert the numerical information of the vertices also, but don't think that's the case.

bobbyjones if you find a solution, like to see it!

I'll post the small polygon where I tested the exporter, I'll look to make something else for the time being as kikito recommended, I'm not learning anything stuck with this idea, lol.
Attachments
smallpolygon.love
(406.5 KiB) Downloaded 116 times