main.lua files unable to run: love.exe Bad Image

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
UnDefinedLegacy
Prole

main.lua files unable to run: love.exe Bad Image

Post by UnDefinedLegacy »

I am writing my code with notpad++ without BOM. However I cannot get my bits of code to run in love. I'm a beginner with some experience with coding but I couldn't run hello world. Here is a screen shot of my error.

Text if image host purges screenshot:
SDL_app:love.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\atig6pxx.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I've already uninstalled love and reinstalled it but I still receive this error.
Kyle
Party member

Re: main.lua files unable to run: love.exe Bad Image

Post by Kyle »

That's an odd one. Are you able to run any other games or anything? It looks like something's wrong with your video driver - try updating/reinstalling it.
UnDefinedLegacy
Prole

Re: main.lua files unable to run: love.exe Bad Image

Post by UnDefinedLegacy »

Kyle wrote:That's an odd one. Are you able to run any other games or anything? It looks like something's wrong with your video driver - try updating/reinstalling it.
I can run games. But not love games for some reason. I already updated my driver and in the process of reinstalling directx. So far no luck.

EDIT:
No luck what so ever! I looked through the forums for a work around for ati based graphics cards but the file host links have been expired.